- 24 g cinnamon quill
- 15 g cardamom pod, bruised
- 8 g star anise
- 10 g cloves
- 10 g fresh ginger, finely diced
- 22 g cube fresh turmeric, finely diced
- 10 g black peppercorns
- 80 g black tea, loose leaf good quality
- 135 g Raw Honey
Recipe is created for
1. Place spices into bowl and dry roast - 7 min/varoma temp/speed 1
(TM6 = 120c)
2. Mill - 24 sec/speed 7
3. Add finely diced fresh turmeric, ginger and black tea and mix 5 sec/speed3
4. Add honey and mix 24 seconds/speed 3/REVERSE
5. Store in a glass jar in the cupboard.
Add 1 Tbsp of sticky chai mix (or more for a stronger brew) to a jug or turkish tea pot, cover with boiling water, stir well and let brew for a few minutes. (Add a good drop of honey if you like it a bit sweeter)
Add warmed milk (around 70c) to your infused mix let sit for a moment then strain into your cup.
*You can warm milk in your Thermomix -
Top with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
HOW TO BREW
Accessories you need
For a VEGAN chai, subsitute honey with Agave or Rice Malt Syrup.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.