- 1 tablespoon manuka honey or raw honey
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 Fresh lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh chilli
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Turmeric, optional
- 1 litre water
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add ginger, chilli and optional turmeric to blend 2 seconds/speed 5. Then remove from the bowl.
Add 1L water to and boil 12 minutes/100 degrees /speed 2
Add all ingredients to the for another 1 minute/100 degrees/speed 2.
Allow to cool slightly and strain into a jug or flask.
If you're fighting a cold or flu, sip on this tea throughout the day.You can also keep this tea in your fridge and re-heat a cup at a time when needed. A cup a day is a good maintainence dose to ward off that cold or flu.
Beware this drink does contain garlic, so don't consume before an important event or date!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Speedy Cold Brew Coffee and tip to turn it into Nitro Cold Brew
- Malted Choc
- Green Chia Smoothie
- Vanillacino Frosty
- Mint Slice Martini
- Orange Pineapple Juice
- Vanilla Chai Spice Mix
- Turmeric Latte Powder
- Thick hot chocoate
- Variation kalhua
- Berry and Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Golden latte the ThermoMonts way.
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Shepherds pie
- Apricot Slice
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread