- 80 gram fresh ginger, washed, unpeeled
- 50 gram lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 450 gram water
- 600 gram white sugar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop ginger very finely approx 10sec/ Speed 8, Scrape down bowl and repeat if necessary.
Add all other ingredients
Bring to 85⁰C / speed 2 - takes about 5minutes ( longer if doubling the recipe)
Extract the flavours and pasteurize at 85⁰C / speed 2 for 8 minutes
Strain through boiled muslin or other fine cloth and pour into storage containers.
To serve, dilute approximately 1 in 10 i.e. 25ml cordial in a 250 ml glass and top up with Soda Water. Adjust quantity to your taste
Make sure your bowl is very clean. It pays to boil some water 120⁰C in it for a few minutes. You could use the Varoma to steam sterilize your storage containers at the same time. I pour boiling water over the muslin and leave it sit in the water until needed.
Freeze the cordial syrup in bulk and have a smaller container in the fridge for convenience.
All being clean, the cordial syrup should keep in the fridge fora couple of weeks.
The sugar content acts like a preservative , though for home use I halve it and store portions of syrup in the freezer. You can subsitiute up to a third of the sugar with Stevia if you prefer the sweetness.
Use left over ginger pulp in your next Thai recipe or dry it for Ginger Nut Biscuits.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oscars banana smoothie ....
- Sugar Free Lemonade
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2
- AROMA CHAI - Turmeric Spice Blend
- AROMA CHAI - Sticky Masala Blend
- Pomegranate Juice
- Cashew oat drink
- cron milk
- Green Latte
- Strawberry Sunrise
- Lilly Pilly cordial
- Orange, Beetroot and Carrot juice- with a kick of ginger!
- Paper Mache boiled flour and water paste
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Navajo Fry Bread
- Hot Chilli Jam
- French bread (overnight)