- 1000 grams lemons, (organic or home-grown - no sprays
- 1 litre vodka, (40% alcohol)
- 350 grams white sugar
- 175 grams water
- Peel lemons, ensuring there is no white pith.
Place the strips of lemon rind in a large GLASS jar or bottle with sealable lid. Add vodka and place jar in a dark place to infuse for 5-15 days.
- In Thermomix weigh in sugar and water.
Heat 5 mins/90/speed 2
Allow sugar syrup to cool
- Strain the infused vodka into TM bowl onto the syrup.
To avoid adding bitterness, do not press the rind.
Discard lemon rind.
Fit TM lid to bowl and stir to combine 30 secs /speed 3.
Bottle (makes approx 1.5 L).
- Limoncello is best stored in fridge or freezer.
Serve in chilled glasses to share and share the limoncello love and be transported to The Amalfi Coast!
A traditional liqueur from the Italian Amalfi Coast, limoncello is a regional specialty and love at first taste for many visitors. To make Limoncello home grown or organic lemons are essential.
It is essential that no sprays are used on the fruit and there is no wax coating (supermarket).
The lemon zest is the only part of the lemon used and needs to be without pith to avoid bitterness. A high quality vegetable peeler (with a serrated cutting edge) is the secret to efficiently peeling the lemons without any white pith. The peeler in the Thermomix Kitchen Tool Kit is perfect!
Traditional limoncello uses 95% grain alcohol which is all but impossible to source legally in Australia. This limoncello is not as cloudy as the commercial product. I find Absolut brand vodka 40% alcohol produces a lovley smooth limoncello that is not too sweet.
Plump beautiful ripe lemons are needed and when in abundance this is an opportunity to make something homemade and wonderful.
Limoncello is classed as a digestive, so is perfect at the end of a special meal.
It’s also beautiful with lemonade and ice as a refreshing long drink, and yummy over ice cream!
To use up the lemons now devoid of their skins, make lemon butter - so easy using your Thermomix, and it makes a brilliant gift.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Festive Baked Chicken Thighs
- Rum and Raisin Ice Cream
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Coffee Yoghurt: TM+EasiYo
- Corned Silverside - Pastrami-Style
- Thick & Easy Milkshake
- Pot Set Yoghurt - the easi way!
- Varoma Bacon, Eggs and Tomatoes with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- Amazing Cauliflower Rice
- Breakfast Lamb's Kidneys
- Old Fashioned Milkshake
- Lime Coconut Mayonnaise
- Sweet Green Detox Juice
- Broccoli and Corn Nuggets
- Spicy Tea (Masala Chai)
- Tessas Bread Rolls
- Weetbix slice
- THERMOMUMMA APPLE & CINNAMON PORRIDGE
- Phil's Bread Rolls
- Stir-fried Hairy Gourd with Dried Shrimp and Tang Hoon
- Kombu Dashi/Katsuo Kombu Dashi (Dried Kelp/Bonito Stock)
- Deb's Chicken bacon and spinach risotto
- Yoghurt in bowl.
- Strawberry pot set yoghurt