- 160 grams Coffee beans
- water, To fill container
18h 0minPreparation 18h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
If you use a different sized jar you will need to adjust the coffee weight to suit. We took a bit of trial and error to get the strength right for us but most articles I've read suggest 1:4 coffee:water.
Weigh beans into clean, dry Thermomix bowl. Turbo for 1 second, twice. The beans will be chopped but chunky, if the beans are too fine your brew will be gritty and cloudy. If desired you can Turbo again by half a second.
Fill the jar with cold water (filtered is best but tap works too)
Put the lid on the jar and place in the fridge for 18-24 hours.
Strain the coffee through a fine sieve. Strain a, second time through fabric (a nut bag, cheese cloth) or even a paper towel lined simmering basket.
Pour coffee into a sterilised bottle or jug with a lid, it's ready to use. Will store in the fridge for a few weeks.
To serve, pour cold brew over ice. Top with milk, cream or drink black. You can add sweetener of choice as well.
Accessories you need
The better your coffee beans, the better your cold brew will taste.
If the coffee is too strong, use less beans for your next batch. If not strong enough then add more beans.
To serve I usually have half a glass of cold brew and top with milk.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Chocolate Milkshake *Dairy Free*Vegan*
- TURMERIC CHAI LATTE
- BCC Smoothie
- Cold Brew Coffee Banana Breakfast Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Kahlua Coffee Frappe
- Chocolate Cappuccino Cocktail
- Dairy Free Turmeric Chai Latte Powder
- Ginger Bear Cocktail
- Nicky's Ice Tea syrup
- Mango smoothie
- Espresso Martini
- Hot Chocolate
- Mr Mixie's chilli con queso
- Tangy passion fruit slice
- Lime Coconut Pie
- Caramello Custard
- Choc-raspberry hot crossed buns
- Not-too-naughty Easter Slice
- Rice Bubble Slice - Refined Sugar Free
- Mixie's Spinach and Onion Cob
- Mixie's Famous French Onion Dip
- Fruit & Veg Slurplie
- 1 Ingredient Peanut Butter
- Eatra sneaky chocolate milkshake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- 3 course baby meal (& no need to clean the thermie bowl between)
- Cauliflower steaks with lemon coconut sauce
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Rollups
- Dukkah Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
- Dairy Free Strawberries & Cream Weiss Bars
- Strawberries & Cream Weiss Bars