THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 lemon zest of whole lemon
- 30 g fresh ginger
- 10 g coriander
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- 20 g olive oil
- 60 g orange juice, (1/2 orange)
- 20 g tamari
- 50 g honey
- 4 fillets fresh salmon, skin off (approx 200g each)
- 2 bunches buk choy
- 230 g brown rice
- 20 g TM stock concentrate
- 400 g coconut cream
- 1000 g water
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- Shredded coconut, lighlly toasted to garnish
1. Put lemon zest, 15g ginger and coriander in the Thermomix bowl and chop for 3 - 5 seconds / Speed 7. Set aside
2. Add garlic, remaining ginger and chilli and chop for 2 - 3 seconds / Speed 7
3. Add olive oil and saute for 2 minutes / 100 C / Speed 1 with the MC off
4. Add orange juice and cook for 2 minutes / 100 C / Speed 1 with the MC off
5. Add soy sauce and honey and cook for 4 minutes / 100 C / Speed 1 with the MC off
6. Remove glaze from the Thermomix bowl, combine with the lemon/ginger/coriander and set aside.
7. Season salmon fillets with pepper. Place the salmon fillets on the top tray of the Varoma lined with baking paper. Pour the glaze over the top. Set aside
1. Place rice in the Thermomix Basket and wash it thoroughly
2. Put 100g coconut cream and 600g water and place the rice on top. Cook for 30 minutes / Varoma / speed 3
3. Remove basket and add 300g coconut cream, 250g water, TM stock and himalayan salt into the Thermomix bowl and place the rice back on top
4. Place the Varoma tray containing the salmon on top of the Thermomix and cook for 15 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2
5. Tip the rice into a Thermoserver and pour the coconut liquid from the Thermomix over the rice. Cover for an additional 10 minutes or until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Place remaining 150g water in Thermomix bowl.
7. Place the Buk Choy in the bottom tray of the Varoma and with the salmon fillets on the top tray
8. Place Varoma on top of Thermomix and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes / Varoma temperature /Speed 2 (depending on the size of both the salmon fillets and the buk choy)
9. Transfer the rice to bowls, put the steamed buk choy on, layer a salmon fillet on top and garnish with the toasted coconut and serve.
Coconut Brown Rice
You can use any asian vegetable if buk choy not available
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Chilli Mussels
- JBT Sweet Potato Brownie
- Berry Choc Chunk Bars (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Lemon Meringue Pies (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar free)
- Flu Fighter Immune Builder
- Choc Banana Brownie Pudding (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Coconut Choc Chunk Bars (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Carrot Cake with "Cream Cheese" Frosting (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Pistachio and Cranberry Balls
- Salted Caramel "Cheese" Cake (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Cinnamon Coconut Custard Cake (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Christmas Cake (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Caramel Slice (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling