- 2 whole lobster tails, (thawed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic and herb butter from EDC
- 1 bottle beer, (375ml - I used Emu Export)
- 1 lemon
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Butterfly the crayfish tails by cutting it lengthways through the centre and trim off fins. You will now have four half tails.
Place half lobster tails into the Varoma bowl flesh-side up. Season flesh with salt and pepper, and liberally cover flesh with garlic and herb butter.
Add beer to the TM bowl. Close the lid and place Varoma bowl containing seasoned tails on top. Steam for 15-18 minutes / Varoma / speed 2.
Cut the lemon in half. Juice one half and keep aside; use the other half of the lemon to cut and make wedgies. Once steamed, plate the crayfish tails immediately with the lemon wedges and drizzle the tails with the reserved lemon juice.
Accessories you need
Steaming times may vary depending on the thickness of the crayfish tail. The size of the crayfish tails will also determine how many you can put in the Varoma bowl at any given time steaming.
The crayfish tails will curl up as they are steamed / cooked. If you are big on presentation, use a wooden skewer through the length of the tail.
For step by step instructions pictures, visit my blog - www.lalaskitchen.net
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle
- Tuna Mornay (Variation)
- Loaded Tuna & Vegetable Mornay
- DILL AND BREADCRUMB SALMON TOPPING
- Tuna Casserole with Pulse Pasta
- Fragrant pipis
- Caldaretta (Filipino Beef Stew)
- Chocolate Tagliatelle with Choc Hazelnut Sauce
- Pink Moscato Panna Cotta with Pistachios
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Barbecue Pork Belly Skewers
- Mango Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Malteser Fudge
- Caramalised Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Greek Chicken Pinwheels
- Brownie Batter Spread
- Sweet Filipino Spaghetti
- Sweet Custard Buns
- Pie-maker lemon custard pies
- SICILIAN BRIOCHE
- Tasty Zesty Lemon Sorbet
- LEMON POSSET serves 12-18 with SUGAR FREE option
- Satay Sauce
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- Large Batch Plum Jam
- Large batch Apricot Jam
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- Quick Beetroot Relish
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Blueberry yogurt muffins