- 200 g basmati rice
- 900 g water
- 500 g Whole Snapper, Cleaned and scales removed
- 2 cm ginger, finely sliced (jullienne)
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 bunch Bok Choy/Pak Choy
Put the rice in the steaming basket and rinse with cold water until water runs clear. Put water in the bowl and insert the steaming basket with rice.
Place the Snapper on the Veroma tray.
Cut a couple of slits in both sides of the Snapper and fill the slits and stomach cavity with the strips of ginger.
Cook the rice and Sanpper together for 15mins on Veroma Speed 4.
With about 2-3 mins to go put the bok choy in the bottom of the veroma dish to cook.
Once the Snapper is ready - should fall apart when touched lightly with a fork - heat the oil in a pan until smoking.
Transfer the Snapper to a plate. Pour the hot oil over the Snapper to crisp the skin - be careful as it will spit on contact.
Pour over the soy sauce and cover with the spring onion.
Serve with the cooked rice and asian greens.
To remove the flesh from the Snapper, slide a knife along top side of the bone that runs down the middle, peeling away the flesh.
Then peel away the bone carefully to release the second side of flesh.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Curried Sausages
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Crunchy French baguettes
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Easy Chocolate Slice
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Elles Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Variation Broccoli Soup
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake