- 200 g basmati rice
- 900 g water
- 500 g Whole Snapper, Cleaned and scales removed
- 2 cm ginger, finely sliced (jullienne)
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 bunch Bok Choy/Pak Choy
Put the rice in the steaming basket and rinse with cold water until water runs clear. Put water in the bowl and insert the steaming basket with rice.
Place the Snapper on the Veroma tray.
Cut a couple of slits in both sides of the Snapper and fill the slits and stomach cavity with the strips of ginger.
Cook the rice and Sanpper together for 15mins on Veroma Speed 4.
With about 2-3 mins to go put the bok choy in the bottom of the veroma dish to cook.
Once the Snapper is ready - should fall apart when touched lightly with a fork - heat the oil in a pan until smoking.
Transfer the Snapper to a plate. Pour the hot oil over the Snapper to crisp the skin - be careful as it will spit on contact.
Pour over the soy sauce and cover with the spring onion.
Serve with the cooked rice and asian greens.
To remove the flesh from the Snapper, slide a knife along top side of the bone that runs down the middle, peeling away the flesh.
Then peel away the bone carefully to release the second side of flesh.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Rice with Salmon and veggies ALL IN ONE
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Tuna and Ricotta Balls
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Mums Tuna Mornay
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Curried tuna
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Creamy Garlic Prawn
- My Mother's Seafood Chowder
- Ginger Lime Prawns - HCG P2 4Phase
- Prawns Tom Yum Noodle
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Paper Mache boiled flour and water paste
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Navajo Fry Bread
- Hot Chilli Jam