- 350 g jar of roasted red peppers
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 140 g blanched almonds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 90 g extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp white wine
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves only
- 3 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 pink grapefruit, zested and juiced
- 4 egg yolks
- 140 g butter, chilled and diced
- salt, to season
- lemon juice, to season
- 50 g raspberry vinegar
- 30 g sugar
- 2 baby red onions, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb
- lemon juice, for sprinkling
- salt , to taste
- olive oil, for sprinkling
- fresh dill
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented, reserving juice
- 100 g buffalo ricotta
- 4 snapper fillets, skin on (approx. 160 g each)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place all Romesco ingredients, except olive oil, into mixing bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 3.
- Add oil and blend 60 sec/speed 5, until smooth but slightly textured. Season to your liking. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place wine, thyme, vinegar, grapefruit zest and juice into a small saucepan and reduce on the stove top by half. Using a fine mesh sieve strain mixture into a jug.
- Place reserved mixture, egg yolks and butter into mixing bowl and cook 9 min/80°C/speed 2.5, until thick. Season with salt and lemon juice.
- In a small saucepan heat raspberry vinegar and sugar together until dissolved, then pour over sliced baby onions to pickle. Set aside to cool.
- Slice fennel and dress with lemon juice, salt and olive oil. Add dill, grapefruit segments and reserved pickled onions. Arrange on plate and top with pieces of ricotta.
- Pan fry fish fillets in a medium/hot non-stick frying pan skin side down, until golden and crisp, 4-5 minutes. Then flip fish and cook for a further 30 seconds. Add a knob of butter and a splash of reserved grapefruit juice and reduce slightly to a glaze. Remove fish and place next to salad.
- Garnish dish with reserved Romesco and Hollandaise sauces.
Accessories you need
Depending on the thickness of your fish, you may need to place it into a hot oven for 2-3 minutes to cook.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Sweet curried prawns
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon
- Easter Brunch Kedgeree
- Alfredo with prawns
- Miso salmon with rice and vegetables
- Salmon Curry
- Steamed Tuna Loaf
- Cheesy Tuna Mornay
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Easy peasy Apple cinnamon scrolls
- Lemon Cordial
- Devilled Chicken
- The best double chocolate chip cookies
- The best choc chip cookies
- Ultimate Chocolate Brownie (Variation)
- Almond and Carrot Cake
- Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies