- 4 spring onions, cut down the length in thin strips
- 1 Red Chill, thinly Sliced
- 30 grams ginger, thinly sliced (julienned)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 250 - 300 grams Fish Fillet (snapper or similar)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 250 grams Jasmine rice
- 1000 grams cold water
- 1000 grams Boiling water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 grams Frozen Edamame Pods
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 30 grams Butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Place simmering basket on lid of Thermomix and weigh in 250g jasmine rice. Place 1000g of water into "Closed lid" and insert simmering basket with rice into the "Closed lid" . Wash rice 15 seconds/speed 9. Tip out water and replace with 1000g of boiling water. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp salt to water. Place the rice in the simmering basket and insert into "Closed lid" . Place lid and measuring cup into position.
- Place Fish onto Varoma Tray and top with ginger and chilli. Mix together all the Fish Sauce Ingredients and pour around fish. Place Tray onto the varoma tray and place into position. Steam 9 minutes/Varoma temp/speed 1.
- After 9 mins check on fish. Use the tip of a small knife to see if the fish is opaque and cooked through. You can also use a thermometer - cooked fish will be 63°C. If not, replace and cook for a few minutes more At this stage, add Edamame to dish of Varoma and continue cooking rice and edamame for 5 minutes/Varoma temperature/speed 1. Meanwhile ...
- In a small bowl or mini thermoserver add all the Edamame seasonings - sesame oil, salt, chilli and butter. When Edamame are done, place them into the bowl, cover for a minute and then mix through.
- When fish is ready. Top with the spring onions. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil to high heat in a small pan and pour over the spring onions and fish.
- Serve fish with sauce, rice and edamame.
Accessories you need
Watch me make this on my you tube channel
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dill Sauce
- Steamed Octopus with punched potatoes and green beans
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Fara's Salmon Curry
- Warm Salmon Salad
- Tasty Mussel Fritters
- Steamed South Pacific Fish
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Penang Har Mee (Prawns noodles)
- Mussels in wine sauce
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Choc Honeycomb Muffins
- Low FODMAP Choc Peanut Bliss Balls
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly chocolate cake
- Nuttella Buttercream
- Cauliflower Mornay
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Passionfruit Slice
- Peanut Bites
- Souffle - Spinach
- Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- Sandwhich Bread