- 1500 g water
- 2000 g pork ribs, cut into pieces (approx. 6 ribs per piece)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 500 g Barbecue Sauce, see Tips
- 120 g beer, of choice
- 110 g Pure Maple Syrup
- 60 g apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked salt, or sea salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Place water into mixing bowl. Place Varoma into position, weigh ribs into it, secure Varoma lid and steam 30 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Stir ribs to ensure even cooking, then steam for a further 30 min/Varoma/speed 1 or until ribs are tender. Set Varoma with ribs aside to cool. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
- Add barbecue sauce, beer, syrup, vinegar, paprika, cumin, smoked salt and sugar, then cook 10 min/100°C/speed 3, placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid. Set sauce aside to cool completely (approx. 30 minutes). Transfer cooled sauce and ribs into a large snap lock bag and gently massage to coat. Transfer into refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Preheat a barbecue or oven to 200°C. Bring ribs to room temperature. Place marinated ribs onto barbecue (or if cooking in oven, place ribs onto a wire rack placed over a baking tray lined with aluminium foil). Transfer excess marinade into a bowl. Barbecue or cook in oven for 30-40 minutes (200°C), basting frequently with reserved marinade, until crispy on the outside and meat is tender. Serve as desired (see Tips).
Try making your own barbecue sauce, refer to recipes on Cookidoo.
You can find smoked salt at gourmet food stores or online. Alternatively you can replace it with sea salt.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER
- Not So Fried Rice
- Dalgona Decaf Coffee Whip Low Sugar