- 750 g diced beef
- 1 brown onion
- 10 g olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, or 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp White Wine or Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp Meat Stock Paste or 2 Meat Stock Cubes
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 500 g water
- Lime Juice to taste
- Salt & pepper to taste
4h 0minPreparation 4h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
In a frypan add your beef a little at a time and brown off.
Transfer to your slow cooker.
Add onion and garlic to TMX bowl and chop 5 sec/ sp7.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and sauté 5mins/ 120 deg/ sp1.
Add meat stock concentrate or meat stock cubes, water, soy sauce, rice or white wine vinegar, caster sugar, bay leaves, salt and pepper and cook 5mins/ 100deg/ sp1.
Remove bay leaves.
Mix flour in a 1/2 cup of water and add to your bowl through the lid and cook 10mins/ 100deg/ sp2.
Add your gravy sauce to your beef in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Accessories you need
I like to double my gravy sauce as I find it a little dry otherwise.
I also add 3x cooked diced potato, half a cooked diced sweet potato and 2 cups of whatever frozen veg I have in the freezer, I add these in the last 20 minutes.
Serve with rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Shepherds pie
- Bel’s Satay Chicken
- Mums white sauce based curried sausages
- Spaghetti Polpette
- Chicken Spesh
- Sausage and Yorkshire Bake
- Red Cottage Pie
- Spice Craft Butter Chicken
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Foodie Mumma Ren’s Butter Chicken
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Fruit Bread
- CHEESY CHEESY MACARONI
- Variation Pumpkin, Pancetta & Pea Risotto (or 3P Risotto!)
- Japanese milk bread
- Challah (traditional Jewish celebratory plaited loaf)
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto