- 900g Blade or Chuck steak, (or topside) chopped into 3-4 cubes
- 1 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 20g oil or butter
- 1/2 tsp Curry Power (optional)
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 400g can chopped tomatos
- 120g red wine
- 1 pkt french oinion soup mix
- 2-3 sticks celery chopped
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 1 large potato
- 1/2 capsicum red chopped
- 70g almonds, (blanched)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- pineapple pieces
1h 30minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place onion & garlic into TM bowl and chop 3 secs, speed 7.
2. Add paprika and curry powder (if using), with oil or butter and saute 5mins, varoma speed 1 - mc off.
3. Add meat and soy sauce cook 5mins, varoma, reverse, sp 1 - basket or MC on top
4. Stir meat and make sure its not stuck under the blades, add red wine, tomatos, french onion soup mix, cook 30 mins, 100deg, reverse, speed 1 - basket on top
5. Add carrot, celery, potato (if using) and continue cooking 15mins, 100deg, reverse, sp 1 - basket on top. Reduce cooking speed to .05, reverse, and continue cooking for another 15-20mins.
6. Place almonds in a bowl with boiling water & cover with cling wrap. Once skins have softened break an end open and almonds should 'pop' out between your fingers. set aside.
7. Once meat is tender and a gravy has formed stir through salt & pepper, chopped capsicum blanched almonds, pineapple pieces (if using) - you could put all into your thermomserver and stir. Serve with rice or mashed potato and vegies!
8. Dishes like this get better after a day or so!
Some pineapple pieces added at the end are also nice through this dish.
Could use the butterfly when sauteing the meat to keep it separated.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles