- 30 g olive oil
- 2 medium onions, halved
- 700 g stewing, blade or chuck steak cut into large chunks
- 200 g button mushrooms halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 large carrot cut into large slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 3-370 g stout (eg Guiness)
- 100 g water
- 50 g flour
- 1 teaspoon soft dark brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
Place onion in TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add oil and cook for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1
Add beef and cook for 5 minutes, varoma temperature, reverse, speed soft
Add mushrooms, carrots, stout, water, stock concentrate, flour, sugar, bayleaf and seasoning.
Cook for 40 – 60 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, speed soft
Beef in Stout
Cooking time for meat may vary depending on the cut of meat used. I cooked mine for the full 60 minutes to ensure the meat was nice and tender.
Delicious served with mashed potato. I actually served it with celeriac and potato mash which is basically the recipe in your Every Day Cook book but I used half potato and half celeriac. It gives a beautiful flavor.
Place in your Thermo server while you cook your potato
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise
- Walnut and coffee cheesecake slice
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)