- 1000 g diced beef, cut reasonably small
- 90 g olive oil
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 whole dried red peppers
- 12 black peppercorns
- 6 whole cardomom pods
- 1 level tbsp ground cumin, or cumin seeds lightly ground in pestle
- 2 level tbsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tbsp Desiccated Coconut, unsweetened
- 3 tbsp almonds
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and coarsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground mace
- 2 onions, medium size, peeled and quarted
- 3 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1 canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- Wipe meat with paper towel. Heat oil in Thermomix at 100C/Speed 1 until hot. Add cloves, peppers, peppercorns and cardomom pods for 10 secs at 100C/Speed 1.
Continue with Thermomix at 100C/Speed 1 and carefully add meat through hole in top, a few pieces at a time. Gradually increase speed to 2 as bowl fills. Intention is to brown meat evenly.
After 10 mins switch off Thermomix and set meat aside and separately set liquid aside, through a sieve to separate spices which are to be retained separately.
- Add quartered onions to Thermomix and coarsely chop 6 secs/Sp 5. Add liquid set aside from meat and cook 5 mins/100C/ Sp 3 then set aside in small bowl.
Add almonds to Thermomix and chop coarsely 6 secs/Sp 5. wipe down sides of Thermomix with spatula. Then add cumin, coriander and coconut to chopped almonds cooking 5 mins/90C/Sp2. Add separated spices, chopped garlic and ginger, turmeric, nutmeg, mace and 8 tbsp water to bowl blending 25 secs/Sp 7 to a thick fairly smooth consistency. Add cooked onions and cook 5 mins/90C/Sp 2. Add yoghurt gradually towards the end. Finally add tomatoes and cook 3 mins/100C/Sp 2.
- Add 250g water and bring to boil 5 mins/100C/Sp 3. Then 15 mins/70C/Sp 3.
- Empty contents of Thermomix into large heavy saucepan, add meat and salt and stir through. Bring to boil, cover, lower heat to simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Place roghan josh in Thermowarmer until ready to serve. Serve with rice, chapatis, peas and/or dhall
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Slow Cooked Pulled Mexican Beef
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Cacao Protein Slice
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough