- 200 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch paprika
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, (or 1/2 red or green capsicum, if you don't like chilli)
- 3 sprigs coriander, leaves only, (omit for coriander haters)
- 3 sprigs parsley, leaves only
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 chicken marylands
- 100 g quinoa
- 100 g French lentils
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves, (substitute with parsley for coriander haters0
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1h 0minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak quino and lentils in water while preparing yoghurt and chermoula.
Put yoghurt, tahini and lemon juice into mixing bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 6. Scrape sides of bowl, and repeat.
Pour into small serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika. Set aside in fridge. Rinse mixing bowl.
Place chicken pieces onto Varoma tray and bowl. Arrange carefully so that the lid fits on, and so that some steam holes are left uncovered.
Put all chermoula ingredients into mixing bowl and blend for 10 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl, and mix again for 10 seconds on speed 6. Spread evenly over chicken.
Add 1 litre of water to unwashed mixing bowl. Tip quinoa and lentils into steamer basket and insert in mixing bowl. Put Varoma on top of lid.
Cook for 15 minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 2. (I turn speed up to 6 for one second at the start, to mix water through the quinoa and lentils, then reduce to speed 2).
Fluff quinoa and lentils with a fork, then cook for a further 5 minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 2.
Remove steamer basket with aid of spatula, and set aside to drain and cool. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Continue to cook the chicken for a further 25 minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 2.
Meanwhile, combine the quinoa, lentils, tomato, coriander (or parsley) and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice and toss to combine. Set aside in the fridge until chicken is cooked.
Test chicken with a fork to make sure it is cooked through. (The juices should run clear). Place onto a lined baking tray and cook at 200 degrees for 15 minutes, until browned. Serve hot with the salad and tahini yoghurt.
Accessories you need
Suitable for TM5 and TM31. This is from a free Coles recipe book, July 2016, and I've converted it for the Thermomix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Sweet tart cases
- Easy Christmas pudding with vegan options
- Chicken, spinach and feta quiche with a quinoa and parmesan crust
- Tropical florentines
- Pumpkin and Capsicum soup
- Flourless refined sugar free chocolate cake
- Chicken in Port Sauce with hasselback potatoes and steamed vegies
- German Apple Cake
- Clone of Strawberry Tart with Basil Sugar - Vegan
- Mint relish
- Sourdough Banana Bread (refined sugar, dairy and egg free)
- Bavarian Cream