- 200-250 g dried egg noodles
- 6 eschalots, cut into halves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 fresh red chillies, trimmed and cut into halves, deseeded if preferred
- 40 g oil
- 4-5 tbsp Thai red curry paste, to taste (see Tips)
- 500 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar, grated
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 400 g coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- 400 g water
- 5-6 stalks pak choy, cut into halves
- 2-4 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only, for garnishing
- 50 g fresh bean sprouts, for garnishing
- Cook egg noodles as per packet instructions. Drain, cover and set aside.
- Place eschalots, garlic and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add oil and cook 3 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add curry paste and chicken and cook 3 min/90°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
- Add fish sauce, palm sugar, turmeric, coconut milk, lime juice, stock paste and water and cook 5 min/90°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
- Add pak choy and cook 4 min/90°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
- Divide reserved noodles between serving bowls. Top with chicken and sauce, then garnish with spring onions/shallots, coriander leaves and bean sprouts before serving.
Accessories you need
To make your own Thai red curry paste and Chicken stock paste, please refer to The Basic Cookbook or the Everyday Cookbook.
The heat and flavour of this dish will depend on the strength of the curry paste you use.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Soft bread rolls (Bosnian Kifle)
- Chicken rice paste