- 200-250 g dried egg noodles
- 6 eschalots, cut into halves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 fresh red chillies, trimmed and cut into halves, deseeded if preferred
- 40 g oil
- 4-5 tbsp Thai red curry paste, to taste (see Tips)
- 500 g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar, grated
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 400 g coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- 400 g water
- 5-6 stalks pak choy, cut into halves
- 2-4 spring onions/shallots, trimmed and cut into thin slices
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only, for garnishing
- 50 g fresh bean sprouts, for garnishing
- Cook egg noodles as per packet instructions. Drain, cover and set aside.
- Place eschalots, garlic and chilli into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add oil and cook 3 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add curry paste and chicken and cook 3 min/90°C//speed 1.
- Add fish sauce, palm sugar, turmeric, coconut milk, lime juice, stock paste and water and cook 5 min/90°C//speed 1.
- Add pak choy and cook 4 min/90°C//speed 1.
- Divide reserved noodles between serving bowls. Top with chicken and sauce, then garnish with spring onions/shallots, coriander leaves and bean sprouts before serving.
Accessories you need
To make your own Thai red curry paste and Chicken stock paste, please refer to The Basic Cookbook or the Everyday Cookbook.
The heat and flavour of this dish will depend on the strength of the curry paste you use.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Beef and Vegetable Puree 6 months+
- Our favourite Curried Sausages
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- Satay Chicken
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Satay Recipe
- Beef Rotolo
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen