- 0.5 free range organic chicken
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves, fresh
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- olive oil for frying
- 1 red capsicum
- 4 anchovies
- 1 red onion cut into 8ths
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 g Pitted black olives
- 1 handful of button mushrooms
- 1 large carrotts, sliced into chunks
- 1 1 large sprig of rosemary, leaves removed
- 250 g red wine
- 1 tbsp Stock Concentrate
- 375 g tomato passata
Put the capsicum over the flame on your stove to blacken the skin all over. once black all over place in a plastic bag to sweat. When cool peel off the blackened skin and remove the seeds.
Place capsicum into the TM and puree at speed 9 for 10 secs. Put to one side.
Without cleaning TM bowl set the TM to 100 oC for 4 minutes at speed 3 and add anchovies and onion to soften. Add the capsicum puree with garlic, bay leaves, olives, mushrooms and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes at 100 oC speed 3, Reverse. Add red wine, stock paste and tomato pasta and cook for 10 minutes at 100 oC speed 3, Reverse.
Cut the chicken into pieces. and combine with the paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Brown the chicken in a heavy based pan and set to one side.
Place chicken pieces into an oven dish and pour vegetable mix over the top. Put sprigs of thyme and rosemary on top and cook in a 160 oC oven for 1 hour or until vegetables are soft and chicken falls off the bone. Serve immediately with crusty bread and a nice red wine.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma