- 200 g long grain white rice
- 160 g glutinous white rice (e.g. sushi rice)
- 60 g white chia seeds
- 140 g potato starch
- 140 g sorghum flour
- 200 g arrowroot flour
- 800 g water
- 1 tbsp Chicken stock paste (see Tips)
- 500 g leeks, green part removed, cut into pieces; white part cut into rounds (1 cm)
- 1 carrot, cut into pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 700 g skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 60 g Salted butter
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 g ground black pepper
- 200 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 30 g gluten free cornflour
- 50 g cheddar cheese (mature)
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 40 g wholegrain mustard (gluten free)
- 3 tbsp water
- arrowroot flour, for dusting
4h 15minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place white rice, glutinous rice and chia seeds into mixing bowl and mill 2 min/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add all remaining ingredients and mix 15 sec/speed 6. Transfer into a sealable storage jar or container until ready to use (see Tips).
Place water, stock paste and green portion of leeks into mixing bowl and cook 5 min/100°C/speed 1.
Insert simmering basket. Place carrot, parsley, peppercorns, bay leaf and chicken into simmering basket and cook 15-20 min/100°C/speed 2, mixing with aid of spatula as needed to ensure even cooking, until chicken is cooked. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula. Transfer chicken into a bowl and strain stock over it to keep moist. Discard all other contents. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place white portion of leeks, butter, thyme, salt and pepper into mixing bowl and cook 10 min/100°C//speed 1.
Remove chicken from stock and cut into large pieces (approx. 3-4 cm). Retain poaching liquid (see Tips).
Add reserved chicken, cream and 150g of the poaching liquid into mixing bowl and cook 5 min/90°C//speed .
Place a small bowl onto mixing bowl lid, then weigh cornflour and 100 g of the poaching liquid into it and stir until smooth. Add cornflour mixture into mixing bowl and cook 4 min/90°C//speed . Transfer into a large bowl and set aside to cool (approx. 20 minutes) before placing into refrigerator to cool completely. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place cheese into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 9.
Add 400 g of the reserved flour mix, butter, xanthan gum and salt and mix 3 sec/speed 5.
Add egg, mustard and 2 tablespoons of the water and mix 25 sec/speed 6.
Transfer pastry onto a silicone bread mat or lightly floured work surface. Divide into 2 equal portions, wrap in plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 200°C. Set a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) aside. Set aside 6 individual pie dishes (14 cm).
Roll out 1 pastry portion between two sheets of baking paper (5 mm thick). Cut into 6 discs (12 cm). Use discs to line pie dishes. Roll out remaining pastry portion between two sheets of baking paper (5 mm thick). Cut into 6 dsics (13 cm). Set aside.
Place egg yolk and remaining water into a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Divide cooled chicken filling evenly bewteen pie dishes. Brush pastry edges with egg yolk mixture. Place 6 remaining discs over filling. Pinch pastry togther at the edges and crimp to seal using a fork or your fingertips. Cut a slit in the top of each pie to let steam escape.
Brush pastry with egg yolk mixture and place into refrigerator for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 170°C.
Glaze pies with egg yolk mixture and place onto baking tray. Bake for 45 minutes (170°C), or until golden. Serve immediately.
Gluten free flour mix
Store Gluten free flour mix in refrigerator for up to 7 days; flours containing milled rice may clump if stored in the pantry.
Please refer to The Basic Cookbook or Everyday Cookbook for the Chicken stock paste recipe.
Use leftover poaching liquid in future recipes (such as making gravy).
To cut out pastry discs, use the base of your pie dishes or small dinner plates as your guide.
One large pie can be made by lining a 22 cm metal pie tin. Make a cross in the middle of the pie to let out steam. Preheat oven to 200°C. Reduce oven to 170°C and bake pie for 45-50 minutes or until golden and metal skewer inserted into the centre comes out hot.
Other users also liked...
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- The Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins