- 1 stalks lemongrass, WHITE PART ONLY OR JAR LEMONGRASS
- 1 brown onion, CUT IN HALF
- 4 cloves garlic, SKINNED
- 8 raw macadamia nuts
- 1-2 chilli, ANY KIND OF CHILLI THAT IS TO YOUR TASTING
- 1 level tsp curry powder
- 5 centimetres ginger, OR POWDER OR PASTE
- 1 level tsp ground numeric
- 1 level tsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander leaves, roots and stems, OR FROM A JAR
- 1 level tsp shrimp paste
- 450 grams canned coconut milk
- 20 grams Butter or Ghee
- 150 grams water
- 2 level tsp chicken stock paste OR vegetable stock paste
- 8 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1 level tsp fish sauce
- 2 level tsp lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoons sea salt, THIS IS TO TASTE,YOUR PREFERENCE HOW MUCH
- 200 grams dried rice noodles
- 200 grams skinless chicken thigh fillets, OPTIONAL, I HAVE MADE WITH PRAWNS ONLY BEFORE
- 300 grams raw peeled prawns, IF USING PRE COOKED PRAWNS STIRR IN AT THE END SO THEY DONT OVER COOK AND DRY OUT
- 180 grams bok choy
- 100 grams fresh bean sprouts, OPTIONAL AS THIS IS FOR GARNISHING. YOU CAN STIR IT THROUGH AS WELL
1h 10minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
into your mixing bowl add lemongrass, brown onion (cut in half) garlic cloves, raw macadamia nuts, chilli, curry powder,ginger, turmeric, cumin seeds, coriander, shrimp paste, coconut milk. lid on, MC in 10 sec, spd 7. scrape down sides. lid on, MC in, 10 sec, spd 7. scrape down sides.
Add butter OR ghee. lid on, MC in, 8 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add coconut milk, water, chicken stock OR vegetable stock, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, lime juice, salt for taste. lid on, MC in 15 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
place a large heat proof bowl on top of thermo and weigh out your dried rice noodles, cover with boiling water and set aside.
Add chicken, lid on, MC in, 7 mins, 100degrees, speed 1. Add prawns, bok choy (cut into prefered size) lid on, MC in 4 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
remove lime leaves (to be honest i do this as i find them when i am eating to save the mucking around.
drain rice noodles and portion out.
pour laksa over the top.
you can garnish with bean sprouts (or mix through before serving) extra chilli and corriander if desired
CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
i have done this recipe multiple times with fresh, jar and dry ingredients. it is always delicious any way
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Keto LCHF seed Crackers
- Kazza’s Bolognaise Pasta sauce
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER