- 1000 grams skinless chicken thighs
- 1 --- onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, plus extra for garnish
- 1 --- long red chilli, seeds out
- 40 grams Ghee, or oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 100 grams Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 2 --- large ripe tomatoes, diced
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Cut chicken thighs into 3-4 cm pieces. Set aside.
Into the TM bowl, put onion, garlic, ginger, mint, chilli and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Repeat if needed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add the ghee. Saute 4 mins/120°C/speed 2.
Add turmeric, garam masala, and salt.
Cook for a further 1 min/120°C/speed 2.
Add yoghurt and diced tomatoes and reserved chicken chunks.
Place TM Basket on lid rather than the cup.
Cook 17 mins/120°C//speed 1.
If needed, cook a further 5 mins/120°C//speed 1.
Serve with rice or chapatis.
Garnish with chopped extra mint. (opt)
Our family give this a 11 out of 10!!! Add more chilli if you like, but we make this quite mild so that even our children love to eat it!
Enjoy!! I'm sure you will!!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mum's Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Lebanese Easter Biscuits (Ma'amoul Biscuits)
- Passionfruit Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Apricot Loaf (Non-Dairy)
- Date & Walnut Loaf (Gluten Free & Non-Dairy)
- My Nacho Feast!
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Apple Shortcake
- Crispy Ginger Cookies
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Tuna Dip
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato