- 100 g stale bread
- 30 g cheese, cubed
- 1 litre water
- 1000 g chicken breast
- 90 g Butter
- 70 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp chicken or vegetable stock paste
- 250 g Milk
- 120 g mayonnaise
- 20 g wholegrain mustard
- Tin/Jar Asparagus Cuts, drained
- 2 tbsp Parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Place bread, roughly torn, into bowl, chop 10 seconds / speed 6 to form breadcrumbs. Remove & set aside.
Place cheese into bowl, grate 10 seconds / speed 8. Remove &set aside with breadcrumbs.
Pour water into clean bowl. Place chicken breast into Varoma and steam for 20-25 minutes / Varoma / speed 2, or until chicken is cooked. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the chicken stock.
Dice chicken breast into desired size.
If you have extra large chicken breasts, slice them in half before placing in Varoma.
If you are on a tight timeframe, pre-dice the raw chicken before placing in the Varoma to steam.
Place 60g butter and plain flour into bowl and cook 5 minutes / 90C / speed 1.
Add reserved chicken stock, chicken/vegetable stock paste and milk and cook 7 minutes / 90C / speed 3.
Add mayonnaise, mustard, chicken meat, parsley and salt & pepper and mix 10 seconds / / speed 3.
Add asparagus cuts and mix 10 seconds / / speed 3.
Place into casserole dish.
Combine breadcrumb and cheese mixture with 30g melted butterand sprinkle over the top of the chicken mix.
Bake in moderate oven 30 minutes or until golden.
This mornay mix is so versatile. How about adding some corn and making it into a chicken pie mix. Or using the leftovers to make some amazing vol-au-vents! Just dice your chicken to size accordingly.
This dish freezes well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies
- White Nectarine and Elderflower Cocktail
- Blueberry Mojito
- Rockmelon Chiller (Alcoholic Cocktail)
- Chewy Almond & Pistachio Squares
- Baked Lemon Cheesecake (sugar free)
- Lemon Bliss Balls
- Pumpkin, Zucchini & Almond Loaf (gluten, dairy & sugar free)
- Fruity Beef Curry - Baby or Toddler meal
- Nectarine & Apple Baby Puree
- Trio of Sandwich Fillings
- Savoury Mighty Muffins