- 500 g chicken thighs, slightly frozen, or 500g chicken mince
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 egg
- 100 g fetta cheese, 2 cm cubes roughly
- 2 tbsp lemon thyme, fresh, leaves only
- 1 pinch pepper, ground, to taste
20minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking 10min
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1 Cut slightly frozen chicken thighs into 2-3cm cubes.
1.2 Place 250g chicken into the bowl. Select turbo and blitz for 2 x 1 sec bursts. Check if mince is fine enough. If not, give it one more 1 sec burst. If it is, remove from bowl and set aside.
1.3 Repeat with the remaining chicken.
1 Without cleaning the bowl, add garlic and lemon thyme leaves and mince 3 s/sp 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
2.2 Add egg, fetta cheese, ground pepper and reserved mince and mix for 5 s//sp 4.
2.3 The mixture makes medium sized 12 patties. The mixture can be a bit sticky so some oil or water on your hands can help.
2.4 Patties are delicious barbequed or pan fried. They take 10 mins or so to cook. Serve with salad or steamed vegetables.
1. Mince chicken thighs (go to step 2 if using chicken mince)
2. Prepare patties
1. Party snacks: make small balls (2-3cm) and steam in the Varoma. Serve with Tomato Ketchup from the Basic Cookbook or another favourite sauce.
2. These patties are very tasty cold, so good for picnics or lunch boxes.
3. This recipe is adapted for the Thermomix from a recipe of Donna Hay's, published in "The Sunday Tasmanian" 22 November 2009.
4. I haven't added extra salt as the fetta is quite salty but add more if you prefer.
5. You can easily double the mixture, but you won't need a second egg.
6. If you can't get fresh lemon thyme, try common thyme and the rind of a lemon (no pith). Add the lemon rind at step 2.1 with the garlic and thyme leaves.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Bulk Bolognese with hidden vegies!
- Chicken and Leek Pie
- Chicken tikka masala
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (Fast & Easy)
- My Nacho Feast!
- Chicken & Mushroom Pie filling
- Mustard & Apple Chicken Bake
- Chicken,basil & almond jaffle
- Chinese Style Beef and Broccoli
- Apricot Chicken