- 6 Lenard's chunky chicken sausages
- 1 jars Passata, 700g
- 1 brown onion
- 1 zucchini, small
- 1 carrot
- 1 heaped tsp veggie stockpaste
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 200 grams Macaroni Pasta
- 100 g grated cheese, mozzarella /parmesanworks best
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Fill mixing bowl with 500g of boiled water . Use spray oil on the tray of Varoma and place sausages in position ( I found 2 on bottom and 4 on the tray is perfect fit )
2. Set at 18mins / Varoma temp /speed 3 and once switched on , chop the onion in half and chop the carrot / zucchini in large chunks ( that fit through the home in mixing bowl lid ) . While the sausages are cooking , have a cup of tea or beverage of choice !
3. Cook the macaroni by soaking in the thermoserver ( Thermofun method) .
4 . Once the sausages have finished cooking , place the Varoma dish aside with the cooked sausages . Rinse the bowl ( no need to dry it !
5. Add onion , carrot and zucchini to the mixing bowl and chop for 4 sec/ speed 5 . Scrape down the sides and chop for 2 more seconds if preferred for finer consistency. Add 20 g of EVOO and set at 5 minutes / 100 deg/ speed 1 . Put simmering basket on mixing bowl lid .
6 . Add bottle of Passata & 2 teaspoons of veg stock paste and set at 8 mins/ 100deg / speed 1 . Replace the simmering basket on lid .
7. Chop the sausages into large bite sized pieces and brown in frying pan( if desired )
8 . Place sausage pieces in shallow baking dish ( 10 cups or more ) and add the Passata mixture and stir through with the cooked macaroni . Sprinkle with grated cheese of choice and place under grill to melt the cheese .
This recipe was inspired by the Sausage pasta bake in the Australian woman’s weekly baby& toddler book ( Family Meals section)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- Vegan Moussaka
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Braised Chicken
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Dairy Free Potato Salad