- 1 onion, halved
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 grams white wine
- 1 litre water
- 2 level tablespoons chicken stock paste
- 500 grams chicken breast, sliced
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 100 grams bacon
- 45 grams Butter
- 250 grams Vegetables, (I use carrot, celery &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; mushroom)
- 50 grams plain flour
- 250 grams Milk
- 60 g grams sour cream
- 1 package Filo Pastry Sheets, (Antoniou brand works well)
- extra melted butter for filo
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, (or to taste)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place one of the onion halves and 1 garlic clove into the TM bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 7
Add the wine, 1 Tblspn of the stock paste, bayleaf andthen top up with the water. Place the steaming basket into the TM bowl and add the chicken. Cook for 15 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2. Allow to cool for a while in the stock, before draining.
Shred the chicken for approx 5 seconds on speed 4. If chunkier chicken is desired, the chicken can be chopped by hand.
Chop spring onions, remaining onion half, bacon and roughly chopped vegetables and chop at 4 secs/speed 5. Add butter and saute for 3 mins/100 degrees/speed 1
Add flour and cook a further 1 minute at 100 degrees/speed 1
Add milk, remaining stock paste and pepper and cook for 6 minutes at 100 degrees/speed 2.5. Add sour cream and chicken and continue to cook for 2 minutes at 100 degrees/speed 2.5. Allow to cool
Using 3 or 4 sheets of filo pastry per strudel, brush one sheet at a time with melted butter and place buttered side down on top of the unbuttered sheet underneath, and repeat the process until all sheets are joined with butter. Place a portion of the filling along the short edge of the pastry and roll, turning in the ends to make a neat parcel. Bake for approx 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees in the oven until pastry is golden.
Poaching the chicken
Accessories you need
Celery, carrot and mushrooms can be substitued for veggies you have on hand.
If you are short on time, a BBQ chicken can be used instead of poaching the chicken breasts
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- The BEST Dumplings
- Samoan Chop Sui
- Hamburger Patties
- Beef, Veg and Mushroom Pie
- Rima’s Fasoulyeh with meat
- Hainanese Chicken and Rice-cheats version(this is a one pot wonder)
- Rima's Lebanese Mushroom and mince with rice
- Rolled oats rissoles
- Korean Short Rib Tacos with Carrot & Red Onion Slaw
- Parmesan Breaded Chicken
- Decadent caramel apple pie
- Speckled Egg Easter Biscuits
- Pistachio Chilli Prawns
- Beef & Guinness Pie filling or Stew
- No Mush Shepherds Pie
- Chocolate M&M Fudge biscuits
- CHOCOLATE STICKY DATE PUDDING
- Best Ever Shepherds Pie
- KFC Style Coleslaw
- Easy Satay Beef Stir Fry
- Cauliflower, Bacon & Parmesan Quiche
- Rich Tomato Sauce - for everything
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Chiko Roll - Gluten Free
- Perfect No-Fail Buttercream Frosting
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Caramel Coconut Slice
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash
- ALMOND MILK CUSTARD