- 500 g chicken breast or thigh, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Small brown onion, quartered
- 1 Large Garlic Clove (or 2 Small)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 small capsicum, or half large
- 1 heaped tablespoon Vege Stock or Chicken stock concentrate
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, OR
- 200 grams Tinned tomatoes
- 1 package Mexican/Taco Seasoning, or your own favourite mexican flavoured spices
- 1 litre water
- 2 tablespoons Butter, Or a big tablespoon of oil
- 1-2 Rashers of Bacon, chopped chunky, (Optional)
- 2 cups of your favourite Salsa
- 1-2 Cups Of Cheese, grated
- Guacamole, or
- Fresh Avocado Slices
- sour cream, to serve
- 3-4 Cups cooked rice, OR
- 300 grams uncooked white medium grain rice
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. (If you don't have cooked rice you can put your dry rice in the steamer basket in this step.) Fill your TM bowl with 1 litre of warm water. Place your chicken pieces on the varoma trays, leaving enough gaps for steam to circulate. Set your TM for 17 min/Varoma/speed 4.
2. Set chicken in varoma aside and empty water from TM bowl. Your chicken may not be cooked through at this point. That is ok, it will be cooked further later.
3. Spray a large (at least 2 litres) baking dish lightly with oil and place your rice into the dish.
4. No need to clean bowl. Place onion and garlic into the TM Bowl and chop 8 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides with spatula.
5. Add butter (or oil) and vege stock concentrate and Bacon (if using) then saute 4min/Varoma/speed 1.
6. Tip onion and garlic onto rice in baking dish and stir through using spatula. No need to clean bowl.
7. Place tomatoes, capsicum and carrot into TM bowl. Chop 10 seconds/speed 6. Scrape sides and repeat for a few more seconds if carrot pieces are too large.
8. Add the Mexican Seasoning and mix in speed 4 til seasoning is incorporated.
9. Add chicken pieces that were set aside, then 6min/varoma/ reverse. MC on.
10. Pour Chicken and sauce into baking dish, stir through rice with spatula.
11. Top with salsa, then cheese.
12. Bake uncovered in 190°C for 10min or until cheese is nice and golden.
Serve with sour cream and Guacamole/Avocado.
This is a great way to use up leftover rice!!
You could add kidney beans in with the chicken for extra bulk and flavour.
For a vegetarian alternative, leave out the Chicken and add a tin of your favourite beans instead.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Sarah's Apple Crumble Conversion
- Bulk Budget Lasagne
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Shhh Hidden Vege Choc Brownies
- Vanilla Candy Coated Roast Nuts
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Thick and Rich Pumpkin Soup
- Quick and Creamy Guacamole
- Garlic Chicken Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Fruit Roll Ups/ Fruit Leathers
- Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Buttercream Icing
- Chicken, Bacon and Quinoa Rissoles/Patties + Hidden Vege
- Apple and sage sauce
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Mango, coconut and lychee icy poles
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Mint lemonade