- 180 grams quinoa, Pre soaked
- 600 grams chicken, In cubes
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1 --- onion, Quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 --- Cup cherry tomatoes 1
- 1 Lettuce Cups to Serve
- 1 --- avocado
- 1/3 cucumber
- 1 Lime or Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bunch Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 bunch fresh mint
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Soak the quinoa for about 15 minutes.
Place onion and garlic in TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds speed 5. Add olive oil and sauté for 3 minutes 120 degrees speed 1.5 reverse.
Add all spices and sauté 1 more minute 120 speed 1.5 reverse.
Chop chicken into cubes and place in a bowl. Add cooked onion and garlic and mix together then place on some wet baking paper on Varoma tray
Wet some baking paper and lay on Varoma dish allowing steam still to come in. Place quinoa on the paper
put 500 grams of water into TM bowl and places varoma on top. 15 minutes Varoma speed 3. Check that the chicken is cooked and if it is set aside in a bowl. Put quinoa back on for 10 more minutes or until done. Add quinoa to chicken and now assemble
put lettuce cups on place, place a spoonful of chicken and quinoa into it and add some of all the rest of ingredients and make look pretty. Finish with a wedge of lime or lemon And top with fresh mint and coriander
Could half recipe for 2 people.
Adapted from Julia and Libby Blog low carb tacos.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Marinated flank steak
- Hanne's porcupines
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)
- Shonna's Rissoles/Patties
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Lamb & Feta Rissoles
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Vegan Veggie Rolls (Moderate RPAH diet)
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)