- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp tika masala paste
- 2 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 500 g chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp tika masala spice paste, as made above
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ginger, stem, fresh
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 700 grams tomato passata, 1 whole jar
- 3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- In a small glass dish, mix spices together and add water to make a paste.
- Add chicken and 2 tbsp yoghurt and marinate up to 1 hour.
- Chop ginger and garlic 5 seconds speed 8.
- Chop onions 5 seconds/speed 4.
- Add oil and saute 5 mins/varoma/speed 1.
- ADD BLADE COVER.
- Add chicken mix, stock, passata, 2 cardamon pods and 1 tbsp honey.
- Cook for 20 mins/100°/Reverse/speed 1/replace MC with steamer basket.
Meanwhile cook rice on stove top or in microwave.
- Check chicken is cooked, check seasoning and balance.
- Stir in yoghurt. Serve sprinkled with washed coriander.
Accessories you need
Don't add the yoghurt till tasted, seasoning balanced and cooking completed, or else it may split.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Masala Curry
- Chilli Con Carne
- CHICKEN BEAN & CORN ENCHILADAS WITH RICE (THERMOMUMMA)
- Chicken and Pesto Baked Meatballs
- South Indian Chicken Curry
- Spaghetti Bol
- Lamb Shanks with mixed vegetable sauce
- Berubut Masak Lemak Chilli Api
- Mel’s Veggie Packed Chunky Bolognese
- Moroccan-style Chicken with Olives and Preserved Lemons (No Tagine req'd)
- Michael's Chicken Bake
- Mongolian mantuun buuz/ steamed buns with beef filling