- 200g semi sundried tomatoes
- 1 fresh red chilli, with or without seeds depending how spicy you want it
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground corriander
- 1ts cinnamon
- 1tbs raw cacao powder, or 50g dark chocolate (70%) -optional
- 1tsp smoked chilli powder, or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- 1 red capsicum
- 500g Beef mince, or make your own mince in the TM
- 20g olive oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini, optional
- 400g tomatoes,chopped
- 1tbs TM Veg Stock Concentrate
- 400g Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed, (canned)
- 2tbs tomato paste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place Semi sundried tomatoes into the TM bowl for 5 secs speed 10. Scrape out & place to one side.
Add fresh chilli, fresh corriander, garlic, onion, carrot, zucchini & capsicum, chop for 3 secs speed 7. Add all the dry spices & olive oil. Cook for 3 mins varoma speed 1. Add mince cook for 10 mins100 degrees, speed 1. Add remaining ingredients except the beans. (Don't forget to add the sundried tomaotes.) Cook for 20 mins 100 degrees speed 1. If you have room in the TM bowl to add your beans you can heat them through in the sauce for 5 mins 100 degrees speed 1. Otherwise you can stir them through the sauce in a large Thermoserver.
Chilli Con Carne
I premill all my own dry spices in the Thermomix this gives all your food AMAZING flavours.
When using mince meat from the shop, be careful using the low fat mince some of these are minced up really fine & constant stiring can give it a weird texture. you can always put the mince into the basket so it still cooks in the sauce but it is away from the blades.
Serve with rice & natural yoghurt.
For a Chilli Con Carne with less liquid use only 400g tomatoes - it's great to go with tacos or corn chips or in buritos with salad & my Thermie Green Avocado Dip.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- FLUFFY OAT & CINNAMON PANCAKES WITH CREAMY MAPLE SYRUP
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free