- 1.5 litres water
- 3 star anise
- peel of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 6 cloves
- 6 dried juniper berries
- 6 Peppercorns
- 2 x 500g Pieces Pork Belly
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
-Put water into bowl. Insert simmering basket.
-Put Star Anise, Orange Peel, White Vinegar, Cinnamon Sticks, Cloves, Juniper Berries and Peppercorns into Simmering basket.
-Put lid on, and varoma into place.
-Place Pork Belly, skin side down into varoma, one in the dish, one on the tray. Rub Kecap Manis onto the top side of each piece. Make sure there are still holes uncovered in the dish, to allow the steam to work its' magic!
-Cook 90 mins/varoma/spd 3.
-Meanwhile, heat oven to 225C.
-Discard contents of simmering basket. Keep steaming liquid in TM bowl.
-Put pork, skin side up onto an oven tray. Salt skin and cook for 25 minutes or until skin is crackly.
-Add Brown Sugar to steaming liquid and cook 25 mins/80/spd 3 with MC off.
-Cut into portions (cutting with the skin down is easiest) and serve with sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins - Super Easy!
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Beetroot dip
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread