- 1.5 litres water
- 3 star anise
- peel of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 6 cloves
- 6 dried juniper berries
- 6 Peppercorns
- 2 x 500g Pieces Pork Belly
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
-Put water into bowl. Insert simmering basket.
-Put Star Anise, Orange Peel, White Vinegar, Cinnamon Sticks, Cloves, Juniper Berries and Peppercorns into Simmering basket.
-Put lid on, and varoma into place.
-Place Pork Belly, skin side down into varoma, one in the dish, one on the tray. Rub Kecap Manis onto the top side of each piece. Make sure there are still holes uncovered in the dish, to allow the steam to work its' magic!
-Cook 90 mins/varoma/spd 3.
-Meanwhile, heat oven to 225C.
-Discard contents of simmering basket. Keep steaming liquid in TM bowl.
-Put pork, skin side up onto an oven tray. Salt skin and cook for 25 minutes or until skin is crackly.
-Add Brown Sugar to steaming liquid and cook 25 mins/80/spd 3 with MC off.
-Cut into portions (cutting with the skin down is easiest) and serve with sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Capsicum tomato pasta sauce
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry