- 1.5 litres water
- 3 star anise
- peel of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 6 cloves
- 6 dried juniper berries
- 6 Peppercorns
- 2 x 500g Pieces Pork Belly
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
-Put water into bowl. Insert simmering basket.
-Put Star Anise, Orange Peel, White Vinegar, Cinnamon Sticks, Cloves, Juniper Berries and Peppercorns into Simmering basket.
-Put lid on, and varoma into place.
-Place Pork Belly, skin side down into varoma, one in the dish, one on the tray. Rub Kecap Manis onto the top side of each piece. Make sure there are still holes uncovered in the dish, to allow the steam to work its' magic!
-Cook 90 mins/varoma/spd 3.
-Meanwhile, heat oven to 225C.
-Discard contents of simmering basket. Keep steaming liquid in TM bowl.
-Put pork, skin side up onto an oven tray. Salt skin and cook for 25 minutes or until skin is crackly.
-Add Brown Sugar to steaming liquid and cook 25 mins/80/spd 3 with MC off.
-Cut into portions (cutting with the skin down is easiest) and serve with sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- Italian Beef Ragu
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Raw Blueberry Cashew Cheesecake (Dairy Free)
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Chocolate salted caramel petit fours
- Mint lemonade