- 1.5 litres water
- 3 star anise
- peel of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 6 cloves
- 6 dried juniper berries
- 6 Peppercorns
- 2 x 500g Pieces Pork Belly
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
-Put water into bowl. Insert simmering basket.
-Put Star Anise, Orange Peel, White Vinegar, Cinnamon Sticks, Cloves, Juniper Berries and Peppercorns into Simmering basket.
-Put lid on, and varoma into place.
-Place Pork Belly, skin side down into varoma, one in the dish, one on the tray. Rub Kecap Manis onto the top side of each piece. Make sure there are still holes uncovered in the dish, to allow the steam to work its' magic!
-Cook 90 mins/varoma/spd 3.
-Meanwhile, heat oven to 225C.
-Discard contents of simmering basket. Keep steaming liquid in TM bowl.
-Put pork, skin side up onto an oven tray. Salt skin and cook for 25 minutes or until skin is crackly.
-Add Brown Sugar to steaming liquid and cook 25 mins/80/spd 3 with MC off.
-Cut into portions (cutting with the skin down is easiest) and serve with sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Easy Beef Burgers
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- My Version of Sous Vide Eggs
- My Version of Perfect No-Split Hollandaise