- 500 grams sausages
- 300 grams basmati rice
- 1 Carrot large, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thickly (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, (or to your liking - I use 2-3tb normally)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 drops Parisian Essence, OPTIONAL - this just makes the curry a darker colour.
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 850 grams water
- 2-3 tablespoons plain flour, mixed with a little water to make a slurry
- 4 stalks spring onions, chopped - OPTIONAL
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place sausages in the deep steamer tray - I stack the sausages 4 one way, then 4 across on top of those.. etc. for more even steaming & place carrots & onions on the steamer tray. Make sure there are steamer holes to allow steam through.
Weigh the rice into the simmering basket and rinse well.
See Notes - optional method
See Notes - optional method
In the mixer bowl add remaining ingredients apart from the water and flour - Stir 10sec|Speed 1.
Put simmering basket (with rice) in place. Pour in 850g water.
Put steaming tray with sausages & veggies in place.
Cook for 20mins|Varoma temp|Speed 3 - stirring the rice up occasionally to prevent clumping.
Remove sausages. Put rice into a thermoserver to keep warm. Keep the liquids in the mixer bowl. It should be a nicely combined.
Peel and slice sausages into bite size pieces.
Add sausages, carrot, onion and flour mixed with a little water (make a slurry) to distribute evenly to the mixer bowl. Cook for 12mins|100deg|reverseslowest speed MC on.
Serve Sausages on top of the rice. Really beautiful with Naan Bread!
Add some spring onions - chopped finely - to the rice before serving.
Suitable for freezing.
This is a family favorite I have been cooking for 30 years, adapted to suit the TM5.
If you choose, you can precook the rice, but if you do this please reduce the amount of water to 500g.
The rice will change colour due to the curry mixture simmering below it.
ONION: I like my onion in large pieces, therefore have steamed it to soften. If you want to instead OMIT putting onion in the varoma and use steps 3 & 4 below:
3. Quarter the onion, put into the bowl at step 2, chop for 2seconds|Speed6|MC on.
4. Add 20g butter or oil and saute 5mins|100deg|Speed1|MC off
Put carrot and onion in a bowl and put aside until required.
If you prefer, you could also add the carrots to the onions in step 3 and chop them smaller.
Add or remove more flour depending on the consistency you want. We like ours creamy - I actually use 3tb flour
This recipe is adapted from the 'savoury sausages' recipe in the Central Cookery Book (Tasmania) By A C Irvine.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Traditional ANZAC biscuits
- Gluten free cheesecake caramel slice
- Apple and cinnamon muffins
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Easy Pancakes
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Protein bars