- 500g tomatoes, Any kind- fresh, tinned, a mixture of both
- 20g Evoo
- 1 onion, Peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 carrot, Peeled and quartered
- 1 level tbsp Vege stock paste
- 3 stalk Parsely fresh, Any kind
- 6 leaves Basil Fresh
- 400g water
- 1 level tbsp Honey/ Coconut Sugar, Optional
- 800g chicken, Cubed 2-3cm, slightly frozen if possible
- 1 small onion, Peeled, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 1 egg
- 1 level tablespoons Vege or Chicken Stock Paste
- 3 stalk Parsely, Any kind
- 30g Almond Meal/LSA, Or
- 2 slices Bread fresh
- 1 zucchini, For zoodles or
- pasta, Or
- potatoes, For mash
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. If using bread slices, place roughly ripped up pieces of bread into TM bowl and blitz on speed 7 til a fine crumb. Set aside.
2. (Here's your chance to hide a bunch of vege in your meat balls!)...Place onion quarters, 4 garlic cloves, and herbs into bowl. 5sec/speed 5. MC on.
Scrape sides and repeat if necessary. Set aside in a large bowl.
No need to clean TM bowl.
3. Put 400g cubed Chicken into TM bowl then 10sec/speed 6. MC on. Set aside with blitzed vege and herbs. Then repeat this step with the remaining 400g Chicken.
4. Put mince and vege into bowl, add remaining ingredients including breadcrumbs/almond meal then combine by hand or, in TM bowl 15sec//speed 3, stir with spatula and repeat for 10secs. Be careful not to over combine in TM- you don't want to pulverize your chicken meat!
5. Roll into small meat balls and either fry briefly to seal in the flavours, or alternatively, set on the varoma tray and bowl leaving enough spaces for steam to circulate. Set aside.
6. Fill bowl with water to just above the blades, then blitz on turbo for 2secs. MC on. Empty water out and start Tomato Sauce.
1. Place onion, garlic, herbs and carrot into TM bowl. 10sec/speed 6. MC on. Scrape sides
2. Add oil, then 4min/120°C/speed2. MC on.
3. Add all other Tomato Sauce ingredients to TM bowl.
If cooking meat balls in varoma- Place Varoma in position now.
4. Set TM to 15min/varoma/speed 4. MC on.
5. Next, put meat balls in an oiled/sprayed baking dish then pour the Tomato Sauce from in the TM bowl over the top.
Bake covered for 30min in a 190°C oven or until meat balls are cooked through.
Serve with your choice of zoodles or pasta, mashed potato, or even rice.
• This can be made with any meat you like. I love chicken, but you might choose beef, pork, or a mixture of all 3.
• Choose zoodles for a LCHF meal, or while you're baking the Meat Balls and Sauce in the oven, you could pop a bunch of oiled and seasoned vegetables in to serve with this meal.
• You could continue cooking sauce and meatballs in Varoma, then transfer meat balls to a pre-warmed Thermoserver, pour sauce over top and let sit for 15min while you prepare the mashed potato/pasta to serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy garlic chicken
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Vegetarian/Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Sarah's Apple Crumble Conversion
- Bulk Budget Lasagne
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Shhh Hidden Vege Choc Brownies
- Vanilla Candy Coated Roast Nuts
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Thick and Rich Pumpkin Soup
- Quick and Creamy Guacamole
- Fruit Roll Ups/ Fruit Leathers
- Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Buttercream Icing