- 6 slices beef topside/silverside/blade/rump, large thin slices
- 6 heaped tsp mustard, mild German or similar
- 6 portions bacon rasher, rindless
- 6 pieces pickles, european or dill, sliced
- to taste salt, fine
- to taste pepper, ground black
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 heaped teaspoon paprika
- 20 g extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g onion, brown or red
- 2 cloves garlic
- 70 g Butter
- 125 g Dry Red Wine
- 10 g honey
- 20 g tomato paste
- 2 heaped tbsp Gravy powder
- 1 heaped tsp beef stock powder or paste
- 600 g water
- 1 stalk celery stalk, sliced
- 1 stick carrot, sliced
- 1 leaf dried bay leaf
- dash pepper, ground black
1h 30minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Season your beef slices with salt & pepper.
Put a heaped tsp of Mustard on each beef slice and spread to cover one side.
Lay a bacon slice or slices on top of the mustard, then add a slice or slices of pickle over the bacon.
- Sprinkle each beef slice with some finely chopped onion, then roll up and secure with toothpicks or cooking twine and place in the varoma dish.
In a small container mix the paprika and extra virgin olive oil together and brush over the roulades.
Place varoma dish with assembled and coated roulades aside until needed.
Place onion & garlic in bowl, with MC in chop 3sec speed 5, push down sides with spatula.
Add in butter & sauté 3min 120° speed 1 MC in.
Add red wine, gravy powder, beef stock, water, honey, tomato paste, bay leaf & pepper.
put varoma with roulades into place on lid & cook for 70mins varoma temp speed 1
Remove varoma and set aside.
Carefully remove bay leaf from mixing bowl, then purée for 10sec speed 8.
Transfer to a gravy jug or thermoserver to pour over your beef roulades. Serve hot
Traditionally served with boiled potatoes and red cabbage.
Can also be served with spätzle, pasta, german dumplings, green salad.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Maple Beef
- Double cooked Pork Ribs
- Lemon, garlic and chicken rissoto