- 1.5 kg - lamb leg (bone in)
- Salt & Pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves (peeled)
- fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbspn - olive oil
- 1/2 cups - chicken stock (GF)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 4 medium potatoes (quartered)
- 2 large carrots (cut into chunks)
- 40 g - butter
- 32 g - GF plain flour
- 400 ml - braising liquid, (from slow cooker after meat is cooked)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 - add garlic cloves and about 2-3 tspn fresh rosemay into mixing bown; blitz on speed 3 until chopped finely (about 5 seconds)
2 - add oil to bowl and mix on speed 3 until combined
3 - rub the oily herb mix into the skin of the meat
4 - pierce the meat with a sharp knife at random intervals and stuff the holes with extra rosemary sprigs
5 - put the onion, potato chunks and carrot chunks in the bottom of the slow cooker and mix about. Add chicken stock. Place meat on top of veges.
6 - Slow cook - low for 10 hours (or pressure cook - high for 1hr 40mins)
Note - I cooked mine in a multi cooker - pressure cook for 1hr 40, then left it on low in the slow cooker until dinner time (about 4 hours)
7 - carefully remove lamb to dish and cover with foil. Remove vegetables to Thermoserver to keep warm. RETAIN THE LIQUID.
8 - Whilst the meat is resting etc; add butter and flour to mixer bowl "Closed lid" and cook on 100deg for 3 mins (or till flour and butter are combines and puffy looking)
9 - whilst blades are turning on speed 2, slowly drizzle about 2 cups of the braising liquid through the hole in the lid until combined with butter/flour mix.
10 - cook for a few minutes on 90deg speed 2-3 until a nice gravy
11 - remove the bones and carve or shred the lamb; serve with veg and gravy
Accessories you need
you could try adding the butterfly when making the gravy
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)
- Go to spaghetti Bolognese
- Steak &Kidney doughboys
- Crumbed Chicken Tenderloins
- Curry Chicken
- All in one version of Lala's creamy garlic butter chicken recipe
- Veg loaded Spaghetti Bolognese
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Easy Peasy Satay Chicken