- 3cm cube fresh ginger, peeled
- 4 spring onions
- 1tbsp peanut oil
- 1.5kg Whole chicken
- 4 spring onions extra
- 2cm cube fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 1000g water
- 30g soy sauce or tamari
- 25g kecap manis
- 170g rice wine or dry sherry
- 20g brown sugar
- 3 star anise
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 1 bunch Gai Lan (chinese broccoli), sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh coriander, to serve.
- 1 pkt noodles of choice, Udon, Singapore, rice stick
1h 15minPreparation 1h 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Put ginger, spring onions into bowl chop 3 sec sp 7. Scrape sides, add oil and cook 2 min Varoma Sp1. Transfer to small serving bowl and set aside to cool.
Prepare chicken, wipe with paper towel. Place into Varoma dish breast side down, set aside.
Place spring onions and ginger into bowl chop 3 secs sp7. Scrape sides then chop 3 secs sp7.
Add water, sauces, rice wine, brown sugar star anise and cinnamon and heat 5 min 70 reverse, sp 1 until sugar has dissolved.
Place Varoma into position and steam 50-60 mins Varoma Sp1 until chicken is cooked through.
For last 5 mins heat noodles in steaming basket and add Gai Lan into Varoma dish to cook till tender.
Remove chicken from Varoma, cut into 8 pieces.
in each bowl serve a piece of chicken, noodles, gai lan and pour 1/3 cup steaming soy ginger stock over.
Garnish with chopped coriander and spring onions and the Ginger sauce.
Adapted from Michelle Bridges Chinese Soy Chicken
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages