- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 cm piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves, stems and roots
- 6 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, stem removed
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained
- 50 g peanut oil
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised and roughly chopped
- 600 g Chicken thigh fillets, roughly chopped
- 100 g breadcrumbs (can be made in Thermomix)
- 20 g peanut oil
- 400 g can of coconut cream
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add all curry paste ingredients to mixing bowl except oil and chop 30 sec/speed 6.
2. Add oil and blend 30 sec/speed 6-7.
3. Transfer curry paste to a jar or container. Do not wash mixing bowl.
1. Add chicken to mixing bowl and mince approx 10 sec/speed 5.
2 Add breadcrumbs and mix 10 - 20 sec/ speed 5, or until fully incorporated.
3. With wet hands, roll mixture into walnut-size meatballs and arrange in Varoma dish and tray. Wash and dry mixing bowl.
1. Return approximately 1/4 to 1/3 of the curry paste to the mixing bowl along with 20 grams peanut oil. Saute 4 min/Varoma/speed 1.
2. Add coconut cream to mixing bowl, put Varoma in place and cook 20 min/Varoma/speed 3-4.
Serve meatballs on rice and pour sauce over the top.
To make curry paste
Substitute peanut oil for coconut oil.
Add fish sauce to curry sauce to taste if desired for a more intense flavour.
Add vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, greens beans etc) to Varoma dish and tray for a more complete meal.
The meatballs on their own make great finger food! Add a little more curry paste to the chicken mixture if you like more flavour!
The remaining curry paste will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Add a chilli or 3 to the curry paste for some heat.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats