- 60 g parmesan, cubed
- 6 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, brown, peeled and quartered
- 250 g mince beef
- 250 g minced pork
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 110 g breadcrumbs
- 120 g Milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Dried oregano (or fresh)
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
Recipe is created for
Place parmesan in TM Bowl and grate for 10 seconds on Speed 9, pour out and place to the side.
2. Place garlic and onion in TM Bowl and chop for 3 seconds on Speed 7.
3. Place all remaining ingredients (including the parmesan) into the TM Bowl and mix for 5 minutes at "Counter-clockwise operation" / "Gentle stir setting" (or until combined) – stop periodically to mix and break up the mince with a spatula.
4. Turn mixture out of TM Bowl into a mixing bowl. Finish mixing (if required) i.e. using spatula.
5. Roll into desired sized meatball size.
6. When oven cooking: Preheat oven to 180oC and cook meatballs for 25 to 30 minutes.
Accessories you need
If you like your meatballs "peppery" use black peper corns and mill first (or add an additional tsp - to taste).
If you do not like galic or onion, reduce the portions or exclude.
You can cook the meatballs in pasta sauce, instead of the oven - cooking time increases to ~40 - 60 minutes (ensure the meatballs are completely covered in sauce).
Note cooking the meatballs in the oven will give a crispy outside and moist inside (with onion & garlic caramelised), whilst cooking in sauce will produce and overall moist meatball.
I use these to top off pasta or as finger food at parties
Freeze for later use - ensure the meatballs are not touching eachother).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.