- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 200g Bacon, roughly chopped
- 40g Butter
- 500g Beef mince
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 250g cream
- 3 eggs
- 70g tomato paste
- 100g grated cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Recipe is created for
TM 5If you are using a Thermomix® TM6 measuring cup with your Thermomix® TM5:
For cooking (simmering) at temperatures of 95°C or above (200°F), the simmering basket should always be used instead of the TM6 measuring cup, as the TM6 measuring cup fits tightly in the lid. The simmering basket rests loosely on top, is steam-permeable, and also prevents food spatter from the mixing bowl.
Place the onion, bacon and 20g of the butter into the TM bowl and sauté for 5 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1, MC OFF.
When the bacon has been sautéed, remove from the TM bowl and set aside. Drain off any excess liquid.
Add the rest of the butter (20g) to the TM bowl along with the beef mince and garlic powder and cook for 10 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse, spoon speed (slowest speed), MC ON.
Transfer the mince from the TM bowl to a casserole dish and stir the bacon and onion through the mince.
Without washing the bowl, add cream, eggs, tomato paste, 80g of the grated cheese, salt and pepper to the TM bowl and mix for 10 seconds, reverse, speed 3, MC ON.
Pour the egg mixture over the beef and bacon. Top with the remaining 20g grated cheese and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is golden on top.
Serve on its own or with a side of salad or cooked vegetables.
Accessories you need
The original recipe is from Low Carb Yum and I have converted and adjusted some of the ingredients to make this in my Thermomix.
Perfect for LCHF (low carb healthy fat) lifestyle.
If you try this recipe, please come back and leave a comment and rating so that it helps others decide if they would like to try it.
Come and check out my facebook group 'Aussie TM5 Thermomixer' for more recipe sharing, hints and tips
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- CHICKEN LARB WITH GLASS NOODLES
- Devilled Meatloaf
- Chicken Marinade - Honey Soy Ginger
- Chinese Honey Chicken
- Braised Chicken Drumstick
- Nans Savoury Mustard Mince
- Chicken - Shrimp Shumai by @levi_nathania
- Stir Fry
- Butter Chicken
- LOW CARB Sloppy Joe’s
- Pork Rissoles
- Chicken Soup with Luncheon by @levi_nathania
- AUTHENTIC MEE GORENG (Stir Fry Noodles)
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- AUTHENTIC THAI CASHEW CHICKEN
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- LCHF SCOTCH EGGS (LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT)
- THAI HOT CHILLI SAUCE
- LOW CARB HEALTHY FAT CHEESEBURGERS (LCHF)
- (LCHF) BASIC LOW CARB BACON AND EGG QUICHE
- LCHF CHOCOLATE WALNUT KETO FUDGE
- CLASSIC ITALIAN LASAGNE (OSSO BUCCO)
- CHICKEN AND CHEESE SAUSAGE ROLLS
- LAKSA NOODLE STIR FRY
- Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Vi's Christmas Scones
- Lisa’s Butterscotch Scones
- Soft Potato Doughnuts @levi_nathania
- Caramelised Onion & Feta Tarts
- Marian's Version of Cut out Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Feta, Bacon & Spinach Quiche
- Chocolate Mouse (translated from Schokoladen-Mousse recipe)
- Variation Shortcut Natural Yoghurt
- Zserbo aka Gerbeaud cake (Hungarian layer cake)
- Satay Chicken Sauce
- Variation Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)