- 1/4 a baguette, dry, or 60 grams of any dry bread
- 200 grams Pork
- 200 grams Beef
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1 level teaspoon salt
- 1 level teaspoon pepper
- 800 grams water
- 1 cube Beef stock, Or equivalent
- 1 level teaspoon lemon juice
- 100 grams Crème fraîche, Or sour light cream
- 100 grams corn starch mixed with 1/2 MC water
- 1/2 level teaspoon salt
- 1/2 level teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 10 grams capers, salted
Breadcrumbs; Cut the bread into pieces and place in to TM bowl. Mix 30 secs / speed 10.
Mincing the meat: Cut the meat into 2cm pieces and place in to TM bowl. Mix 10 secs / speed 6-7. Scrape down side with the spatula. Mix again for one second at speed 6-7. Set aside.
Cut the onion in half & place in the TM bowl. Chop for 8 seconds / speed 5.
Add the egg, salt, pepper and mix 15seconds / speed 3.
Add the meat and breadcrumbs to the TM bowl & mix 15 seconds / speed 4. Place in a bowl & form into tablespoons sized balls in the steaming basket.
Put the stock cube & water in the TM bowl & introduce the steaming basket with the meat balls. Cook 35 mins / Varoma / speed 1.
At the end of the cooking time, remove the steaming basket with the meatballs, and reserve, keeping warm.
Reserve 250 grams of the boullion in the TM bowl and add the lemon juice, crème fraîche, corn starch, and salt & pepper. Mix 10 seconds / speed 10 then cook 4 minutes / 100C / / speed 3.
Add the capers and cook 30 seconds / 100C / / speed 2.
Oh, this is just another amazing, delicious Thermomix recipe from the Thermomix French recipe book! The tangy lemon, caper sauce is soooo good. I made double the volume and it worked really well.
Great with salad, steamed vegetables, or pasta, rice or potatoes.
The capers can be substituted with other flavourings such as tomato coulis or puree, and the meatballs could have added different herbs & spices. The meatballs could be shapped into elongated balls and then they could really be called 'boulettes'.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Cherry Sauce
- Anniebee's Nutella Spread [no added sugar]
- Lime and Coconut Cake
- Real chocolate ice cream
- Annieb's Healthy Carrot Cake [no sugar or oil]
- Vanilla Shortbread
- Rocky Road Salami
- 60 Second Strawberry Cake
- Very Red Velvet Mud Cake
- Anniebees Adulterated Anzac Cookies
- Loukoumia - Greek or Turkish Delight
- Wattleseed Shortbread