- 2 cloves garlic
- 50 grams Red miso paste
- 35 grams soy sauce
- 20 grams mirin
- 15 grams lemon juice
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1300 grams water
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock paste
- 90 grams onion or leek
- 5 grams dried mushrooms, (e.g. shitake, chanterelle)
- 2 eggs
- 180 grams dried ramen noodles
- green vegetables, (e.g. pak choy, bok choy, broccoli)
- 1 spring onion
- sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 chilli, sliced
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place garlic, miso paste, soy sauce, mirin and lemon juice in Thermomix bowl. Chop and combine 5 seconds/speed 5. Pour over chicken in a ceramic or glass bowl and marinade in the fridge for 1 hour to overnight.
- Add dried mushrooms and onion or leek into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 5 seconds/speed 5. Add water and stock paste to bowl (or use liquid stock).
- Wet and wring out a piece of baking paper. Place in the bottom of varoma, making a few holes in the paper to allow the steam to penetrate. Place the chicken on the paper in the varoma. Put varoma in position on top of Thermomix bowl and cook 16 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
- Place eggs in simmering basket and sit basket in the Thermomix bowl. Turn the chicken breasts over. Place the green vegetables on the Varoma tray and put in place on top of the chicken. Cook 12 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.
- Remove varoma and set aside for the chicken to rest. Put eggs in cold water to stop cooking. Remove the simmering basket. Add ramen noodles to the broth in the Thermomix bowl and cook 2 minutes/100°C/speed 1.
- Slice chicken and cut the egg in half. To serve, add broth to a serving bowl and add noodles and green vegetables. Top with sliced chicken and half an egg. Garnish with spring onion, sesame seeds and chilli.
Accessories you need
This is adapted from Chicken Miso Ramen with Butter and Corn
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.