- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 1 handful fueru wakame
- 5 gram Dried Shitake Mushrooms
- 1550 grams water
- reserved minced garlic
- 1-2 carrots, Sliced lengthways into quarters
- 1 Whole chicken, (maximum 1.6kg)
- 2 tablespoon Red miso paste
- 2 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin or chinese wine
- 1 lemon, cut into half
- 1 sheet seaweed - nori, shredded finely pieces for garnish
- 1 corn cob, kernals removed, or 75g frozen corn kernals
- ramen noodles or soba noodles
- 1 handful toasted white sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1 spring onion or shallot, sliced fine for garnish
- 10 g Butter, cut into 4 small pieces for each serving
Place garlic into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Set minced garlic mixture aside for use when steaming the whole miso chicken.
Place onion, wakame and shitake mushrooms into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Empty the mixture into the simmering basket.
Place 1300g of the water into the mixing bowl, and position simmering basket containing the wakame mushroom mixture into mixing bowl.
Lay the carrot on the base of your Varoma, removing the middle tray.
Combine your marinade ingredients of minced garlic, red miso, tamari, Mirin and the juice of half of the lemon in a bowl and then generously coat the whole chicken including the underside.
With the used lemon stuff into the cavity of the chicken along with the other half. Place chicken on top of the carrot pieces and your Varoma lid on top.
Set your Varoma into position and cook for 35min /Varoma/Speed 1.
Check at 35min your water level and top up if required - I did about another 250gm. Cook for a further 45min /Varoma /Speed 1.
Once finished, check that your chicken juices are running clear, otherwise cook for a further 10min.
Let the chicken rest for about 10min, I just let it sit in the Varoma while I got my garnishes and corn ready.
While the chicken is resting, remove the simmering basket containing the wakame mushroom mixture. Add the ramen or soba noodles and corn to the broth and cook for 2min / /100deg/speed1.
Pour the broth and noodles into 4 individual bowls, shred about 1/2 the chicken into each bowl, garnish with shredded seaweed, spring onion, toasted sesame seeds, butter and enjoy!
Steamed Whole Miso Chicken
Accessories you need
This recipe is a variation of the original recipe by Nicole Johnstone
Nicole suggests that if you prefer a crispy skin for the chicken, you can place the chicken into 200deg oven for about 15min before shredding and serving.
For us, there was so much leftover chicken – we used them in sandwiches the next day.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Favourite German mashpotato spinach cheese bake
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Dogs dinner - meat stew (quick and easy)
- Go to spaghetti Bolognese
- Steak &Kidney doughboys
- Crumbed Chicken Tenderloins
- Curry Chicken
- All in one version of Lala's creamy garlic butter chicken recipe
- Veg loaded Spaghetti Bolognese
- GF Slow cooker Roast Lamb Leg and Gravy
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Pecan Pie
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Melting Moments
- Raisin bread
- Gluten Free Gooey Caramel Anzac Slice by Happy Mum Happy Child
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Chicken and Vegetable Pie
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Janine's Spicy Popcorn Cauliflower - Thermie and Friends