THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 --- brown onions, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 50 g olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 1 pinches saffron threads, (optional)
- 4 --- carrots, large, roughly sliced
- 250 g chicken breasts, roughly sliced
- 1 litres water
- 15 g coriander, roughly chopped
- 15 --- Olives, depipped/pips removed
- 5 pieces preserved lemon
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper, ground
- 240 g couscous
- 300 g water
- 1 pinches coriander, diced
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add onions and garlic to bowl and chop for "Slow Cooking" 5 seconds, "Blend" Speed 5. Scrape down bowl.[/size]
- Add olive oil and then saute for "Slow Cooking" 5min at "Sous-vide" 120deg, "Blend" speed 1.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, saffron (if using), carrot and chicken pieces. Add enough water to cover the chicken and vegetables, then cook "Slow Cooking" 30mins/ "Sous-vide" 98deg/ "Counter-clockwise operation" rev "Blend" speed 1
- Add the coriander, olives and preserved lemons (be careful to try and leave out the seeds). Cook "Slow Cooking" 10min/"Sous-vide" 120deg/"Counter-clockwise operation" rev "Blend" speed 1. Move onto next step once this has been programmed and started.[/size]
- While final cooking step is occurring, add couscous to 350g boiling water in sealed container or thermoserver. Allow to sit for "Slow Cooking" 5minutes. Then fluff with fork (add corriander here or simply keep for serving it) and then allow to sit for a further 5 minutes.
Moroccan-style Chicken with Olives and Preserved Lemons
Accessories you need
A way to get the tagine flavours but without a gas cooktop, diffuser or tagine being necessary!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Masala Curry
- Chilli Con Carne
- CHICKEN BEAN & CORN ENCHILADAS WITH RICE (THERMOMUMMA)
- Chicken and Pesto Baked Meatballs
- South Indian Chicken Curry
- Spaghetti Bol
- Lamb Shanks with mixed vegetable sauce
- Berubut Masak Lemak Chilli Api
- Mel’s Veggie Packed Chunky Bolognese
- Michael's Chicken Bake
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- Mongolian mantuun buuz/ steamed buns with beef filling