- 2 teaspoons Cumin Seeds Whole
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds Whole
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper corns
- 1 teaspoon paprika ground
- 2 cm cinnamon quill
- 50 g dried chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 cm fresh ginger, or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 whole red chilies, (deseeded if want to)
- 2 med brown onions
- 1 410 gram tin chopped tomatoes
- 100 g dried apricots
- 15 g honey
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 4 lambshanks (about 1kg lambshanks or other meat on bone)
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice for browning the meat
5h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Add Cumin, coriander seeds, black pepper, paprika, cinnamon quill, chickpeas and tumeric to TM bowl. Dry roast for 4 min, VAROMA on speed 1. Once dry roasted, ground together for 20-30 seconds on speed 10 (ensure chickpeas are ground) Rough consitency similar to freshly ground pepper should be achieved.
Add to spice mix in TM bowl the rest of the marinade ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chop and mix all toghether on 8 for 20 seconds. A thick paste like consistency must be achieved. Leave marinade for at least an hour before using. This will ensure chickpeas are soft at time of use.
Slow cooked Lambshanks
Accessories you need
Serve with rice or couscous, cooked in simmering basket. Add a few vegetable to pot 1 hour before finishing time or serve with salad.
Use different meats for different taste. Ideal for lamb, beef or chicken.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- BBQ Salt (Braai Sout)
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- Gluten Free Cheese and Herb Snack Sticks (Lunchbox)
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Rich Milo Cake
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- Chai Turmeric
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Zucchini balls
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)
- Spicy Apricot BBQ Sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Dad’s Sauce - Easy and healthy gluten free tomato ketchup.
- Vanilla Fruit Biscotti
- Nan's Zucchini Loaf - now DF, GF
- Black Bean Paste (sauce)