- 60 g orange juice
- 100 g honey
- 25 g balsamic vinegar
- 25 g Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp citrus salt and pepper rub, (see my recipe, or use regular salt)
- 1/2 tsp Poppyseeds
- 400 g chicken tenderloins
- 1000 g water
- basmati rice, 200-400g
Add all ingredients (except poppyseeds) to TM bowl and cook for 10 minutes, Varoma, speed 2.
Scrape contents into a glass or metal bowl, add poppyseeds and allow to cool in the fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes
Put chicken tenderloins in a shallow dish and top with glaze and allow to marinade, covered in fridge, for as long as possible. You can skip the marinade waiting time if you don't have enough time, but it will taste better if you can.
Fill TM bowl with 1L of hot water
(no need to wash after the sauce)
Add rinsed rice to basket and put in TM bowl
Set chicken pieces on top varoma tray and place into position. Cook for 20 minutes, until cooked through, varoma temp, speed 2.
Alternatively serve with steamed quinoa, or some cous cous
Orange & Poppyseed Varoma Glazed Chicken
You could try serving this with my Orange & Apple Cous Cous recipe and some steamed vegetabes too. Steam vegetables of choice with the chicken, in the bottom half of your varoma at the same time. Carrots go great with this as they get some of the sticky glaze on them during the steaming.
You can use this glaze as a marinade for chicken drumsticks, cooked in the oven, or on salmon steamed in the varoma
Orange & Apple Cous Cous: //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/orange-apple-cous-cous/110554
Citrus salt & pepper rub: //www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/orange-salt-pepper-rub/110489
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Curried Turkey Burgers
- Beef Burgers / Sliders
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Rollups
- Mince Meat Pie
- Ham and Chicken Meatballs
- Meatballs with Hidden Kale
- Whole Baked Chinese style Kampung Chicken
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls - Cha Gio
- Nan's Zucchini Slice
- Bourbon Lime & Ginger Ham Glaze
- Cel's Delicious Honey Chicken
- Spicy Lamb Marinade
- Easy Peasy Spreadable Butter
- Nat's Saucy Pork Belly
- Orange & Apple Cous Cous
- Orange Salt & Pepper Rub
- My Husband's Bachelor 'Baked' Beans
- "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Varoma Teriyaki Style Fish & Udon Noodles with steamed veggies
- Mocha custard
- Purple Carrot & Date Muffins
- Cherry Ripe Soft Serve
- Lemony Lemon Brownies
- Marbled Orange Cream & Brazil Nut Brownies
- Bindy’s Mud Cake
- Deep Dark Chocolate Cake
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Coconut Biscuits - Gluten free, Sugar free
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Mixie's cold brew coffee
- 3 course baby meal (& no need to clean the thermie bowl between)
- Cauliflower steaks with lemon coconut sauce