- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, deviened
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, cut to 4
- 25mm piece ginger
- 1 --- lemon grass stalk, cut in 4
- 500 grams skinless chicken thighs, cut each thigh into 6 pieces
- 2 heaped tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon crunchy peanut paste/butter
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 sprigs thai basil
Recipe is created for
Place galic, onion, ginger, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves in bowl and place measering cup on lid. chop 5sec speed 5.
scrape down bowl.
Add oil cook 4 minutes 100 deg speed 1 simmering basket on lid.
Add paste cook 2 minutes 100 deg speed 1 simmering basket on lid.
Add peanut paste and coconut cream. cook 3 minutes 100 deg speed 1 measuring cup on lid.
insert butterfly paddle and add chicken. place simmering basket on lid and cook 13minutes 100 deg speed1.
Add sugar and fish sauce cook 2 minutes 100deg speed 1.
stir in basil leaves before serving.
you can use any mild flavoured oil
Keep the chicken pieces on the large side. If your thighs are small just cut into 4. The chicken sheiks during cooking and the large size prvents them from being slightly chopped during cooking. You can use recede but this may cause the coconut cream to burn slitely on the bottom of the bowl.
serve topped with chopped dry roasted peanuts
you can freeze any left over sauce and use later with lightly steamed vegitables.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rosemary & Garlic Broccoli Bread
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- Pumpkin Pie
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Genovese pasta