- 3 Kaffir lime leaves, deviened
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, cut to 4
- 25mm piece ginger
- 1 --- lemon grass stalk, cut in 4
- 500 grams skinless chicken thighs, cut each thigh into 6 pieces
- 2 heaped tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 heaped tablespoon crunchy peanut paste/butter
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 sprigs thai basil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place galic, onion, ginger, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves in bowl and place measering cup on lid. chop 5sec speed 5.
scrape down bowl.
Add oil cook 4 minutes 100 deg speed 1 simmering basket on lid.
Add paste cook 2 minutes 100 deg speed 1 simmering basket on lid.
Add peanut paste and coconut cream. cook 3 minutes 100 deg speed 1 measuring cup on lid.
insert butterfly paddle and add chicken. place simmering basket on lid and cook 13minutes 100 deg speed1.
Add sugar and fish sauce cook 2 minutes 100deg speed 1.
stir in basil leaves before serving.
Accessories you need
you can use any mild flavoured oil
Keep the chicken pieces on the large side. If your thighs are small just cut into 4. The chicken sheiks during cooking and the large size prvents them from being slightly chopped during cooking. You can use recede but this may cause the coconut cream to burn slitely on the bottom of the bowl.
serve topped with chopped dry roasted peanuts
you can freeze any left over sauce and use later with lightly steamed vegitables.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken
- Maple Syrup Orange Silver Side
- Curried Sausages
- Rima’s Chefitup Maryam Mounajed’s Lamb Shank Mansef
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken