- 60 grams palm sugar
- 1 stick lemongrass, (white part only) cut into 2cm rounds then cut horizontally in half
- 20 grams fresh ginger
- 40 grams soy sauce
- 2 pieces star anise
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste, (from Basic Cook Book)
- 4 pieces Kaffir lime leaves, plus extra for garnishing
- 1 litre water
- 400 grams chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 200 grams green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces about 3-4cm long
- 350 grams noodle, udon
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place palm sugar, lemongrass and ginger into "Closed lid" bowl and blitz 5 sec/speed 8. Scrape down bowl and repeat for 5 sec/speed 8. Scrape down bowl once again.
- Add soy sauce, star anise, vegetable stock paste, lime leaves and water. Boil 11 min/varoma temp/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 2.
- When broth has boiled, add thinly sliced chicken and beans and cook 3 min/varoma temp/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
- Add udon noodles and continue to cook 2 min/varoma temp/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
- Pour broth into a Thermoserver. Remove star anise and kaffir lime leaves and serve into bowls, garnishing with fresh thinly sliced extra kaffir lime leaves. See variations in additional tip below.
Accessories you need
Chicken can be substituted with prawns or calamari, thinly sliced beef or lamb strips if desired.
Prawns or Calamari: Step 3: Place 400g peeled raw prawns with or without tails intact OR 400g calamari with the beans and cook 2 min/varoma temp/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1. Continue with remainder of the recipe.
Beef or Lamb Strips: Step 3: Add thinly sliced beef or lamb strips instead of chicken and follow remainder of recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Honey Chicken
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Aunty Lizzy’s Butterscotch Tart
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy