- 20 g oil
- 3 onions
- 3 granny smith apples
- 250 g bacon cut in strips (or in chunks if frozen)
- 50 g grain of your choice (buckwheat or wheat?)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (or you can mill this before you start)
- 500 g dry apple cider
- 6-8 pork loin chops
8Recipe is created for
If you need to first mill the cardamom, do so now then remove the skins. Otherwise, add grains and spices and mill for 50 seconds. set aside.
Place apples, which have been chopped in half, onions, peeled and chopped in half, and bacon (if frozen, chop into chunks and add, if defrosted keep aside). Turbo these about 3 or 4 times. Add 10mls of oil and fry for 10 min on varoma if you are just frying apples and onions. If you are including the frozen bacon too, fry for 15 mins with lid off to let some steam escape.
While you are doing this, put a roasting pan on the stove. Add the rest of the oil and heat. Dip the pork loin chops in the flour/spice mix and place in the hot oil. Brown all of these then put aside. If you have the bacon at this point, then fry too and set aside.
Add left over flour mix and then whisk in the apple cider. Add all the pork (and bacon if you have it fried) back into the cider mix. When the apple/onion mix is finished add it too the pork loin chops.
Place lid on and put in oven for 2.5 hrs on 170 degrees until pork is tender and soft. Sprinkle pepper if desired and can serve with salad or rice or mashed potatoes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Monday Night (Beef or Lamb) Curry
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Jaffa Truffles
- Luxurious Oatmeal Milk Bath
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Green Smoothie Muffins
- Raw Tahini Dressing
- Orange Soup - Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrots
- Vegan Peanut Butter/Caramel Sauce
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Chewy Oat Bar
- Caramelised onion and beetroot relish
- Capers and Lemon Aioli
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan