- 20 g oil
- 3 onions
- 3 granny smith apples
- 250 g bacon cut in strips (or in chunks if frozen)
- 50 g grain of your choice (buckwheat or wheat?)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom (or you can mill this before you start)
- 500 g dry apple cider
- 6-8 pork loin chops
8Recipe is created for
If you need to first mill the cardamom, do so now then remove the skins. Otherwise, add grains and spices and mill for 50 seconds. set aside.
Place apples, which have been chopped in half, onions, peeled and chopped in half, and bacon (if frozen, chop into chunks and add, if defrosted keep aside). Turbo these about 3 or 4 times. Add 10mls of oil and fry for 10 min on varoma if you are just frying apples and onions. If you are including the frozen bacon too, fry for 15 mins with lid off to let some steam escape.
While you are doing this, put a roasting pan on the stove. Add the rest of the oil and heat. Dip the pork loin chops in the flour/spice mix and place in the hot oil. Brown all of these then put aside. If you have the bacon at this point, then fry too and set aside.
Add left over flour mix and then whisk in the apple cider. Add all the pork (and bacon if you have it fried) back into the cider mix. When the apple/onion mix is finished add it too the pork loin chops.
Place lid on and put in oven for 2.5 hrs on 170 degrees until pork is tender and soft. Sprinkle pepper if desired and can serve with salad or rice or mashed potatoes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Garlic & Parsley Burgers
- Shepherds pie
- Bel’s Satay Chicken
- Mums white sauce based curried sausages
- Spaghetti Polpette
- Chicken Spesh
- Sausage and Yorkshire Bake
- Red Cottage Pie
- Spice Craft Butter Chicken
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Lemon and Taragon Cream
- Devilled Sausages (Healthy Mummy style)
- Banana, Date & Pecan Bread - Sugar Free - Dairy Free
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade