- 2 pieces Beef rump steak
- 2 teaspoons cumin ground
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 150 grams brown onion
- 1000 grams water
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add water to bowl
Place steak in varoma, one on the tray and one below
sprinkle herbs and spices over steak and then cover with diced onion
place varoma into position
60 mins varoma temp speed 2
Check the meat for tenderness, if it breaks apart easily with a fork it is ready, if not add more cooking time, this will vary depending on the thickness of the steak
Once cooked, tip water from bowl, break steak into large chunks, removing any fat as you go
3 seconds Reverse speed 4 , check if shredded or repeat if not shredded enough
This shredded beef can be used for all types of Mexican dishes, I usually cook a large amount and freeze what I dont use.
Use for burritos, nachos, enchiladas, its really easy and versatile, top with salsa, guacamole and cheese.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Babi Rica - Indonesian Spicy Pork Curry
- Whole Steamed Chicken with Stock
- Choc Chunky Cookie Dough Cheesecake
- Caitys chutney
- Japanese coconut buns
- Quick Beef Pho for Two
- Quick Gluten Free Bread Rolls
- Quick Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Frozen breakfast yoghurt pops
- Mint lemonade
- Coconut & Chocolate Bliss Balls
- Baked pumpkin doughnuts with snowman icing
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Oreo Brownie (vegan)