- 1 --- brown onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, or 2 tsp minced garlic
- 10 grams olive oil
- 700 grams mixed vegetables, I use 1 carrot, 2 sticks celery, 1/2 a capsicum, 2 large mushrooms and a zucchini all roughly chopped
- 700 grams tomato passata
- 150 grams tomato paste
- 500 grams lean beef mince, You can use any mince - chicken, pork or beef
- 1 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste
- Put onion and garlic in bowl, speed 6, 3 secs, scrape down inside bowl.
- Add olive oil and saute. Varoma, speed 1, 3 mins.
- Add in all roughly chopped vegetables and chop on speed 5 for 5 sec, scrape down bowl and chop again if required (if you want to hide the veggies, another 5 sec). Saute further - Varoma, speed 1 for 5 mins.
Add in mince and break up with spatula, combine thoroughly with the spatula to ensure it is evenly
mixed. Add in passata, paste, stock. Stir again with spatula to ensure everything is mixed well.
Cook for 20 mins, 100 deg, reverse speed 2.
Accessories you need
Serve with zoodles or pulse pasta to make it extra healthy.
This recipe makes heappppps of bolognaise sauce - approx 1500g! This will easily serve 6 people. If you want to make it stretch even further add in 100g of red lentils and add 100mL water in step 4, and cook for a further 5 mins.
You can use any kind of mince you have - I have made this with chicken, turkey and pork mince. Use whatever vege you have in the fridge too, this recipe is super forgiving. If you don't have passata you could use a tin of diced tomatoes, but it wouldn't be quite as saucy, but still fabulous!
We also use the leftovers and turn them into mexican by adding in some kidney beans and chipotle sauce. Or you can add in some curry powder and make it a savoury mince for toast.Why not top it with some mashed potato and turn it into a shepherds pie?
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower, Paneer and Pea Curry:
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Honey mustard chicken
- Rosemary & Garlic Broccoli Bread
- Veg Thai green curry recipe
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Genovese pasta
- Soph’s Pasta Sauce