- 60 grams red curry paste
- 15 grams coconut oil
- 15 grams Rapadura Sugar
- 10 grams fish sauce
- 10 grams tamarind paste
- 380 gram coconut cream, canned, (1 x 400mL tin)
- 350 grams duck breast fillets, skin on, (pre-cooked, Love-A-Duck)
- 100 grams broccoli florets
- 1 red capsicum, (80 grams) sliced
- 1 can Lychee
- 1 can baby corn, tinned
- coriander & lime wedges, for garnish
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Weigh out and prepare ALL your ingredients BEFORE you start cooking. This will help you work through this recipe quickly.
2. Add curry paste and coconut oil to mixer bowl. Cook for 5 mins/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off. While the curry paste is cooking, slice your pre-cooked duck breasts if you haven’t done so already.
3. Add sugar, fish sauce and tamarind. Cook for 5 mins/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off.
4. Add coconut cream and cook for 10 mins/100 degrees/speed 1/MC off.
5. Reset timer to 10 mins/100 degrees/reverse/slowest speed/MC off. Add sliced duck and broccoli through the lid (MC should remain off). When timer reaches 5 mins add capsicum, lychees, baby corn through the lid also.
6. Pour into a thermoserver or equivalent and garnish with coriander and wedges of lime.
Recipe adapted from "Food for the Soul Cookbook" by Australian Women's Weekly
I use the @skinnymixer Red Thai Curry Paste recipe which can be found here
Due to allergies in our family, we don't use lemongrass in any of the paste or recipe.
You can get pre-cooked sliced roast duck from Asian roast meat restaurants, just be sure to ask for boneless. For convenience, we use 1 tray of the Peking "Love-A-Duck" Duck Breasts which come with 2 duck breasts with skin on.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Annabel Karmel's Chicken with Apricots by Domestic Thermominx
- Raw Cacao Balls by Domestic Thermominx
- Easy Peasy Vanilla Cupcakes by Domestic Thermominx
- Chocolate Mudcake by Domestic Thermominx
- APPLE CINNAMON OAT MUFFINS by Domestic Thermominx
- Lamb and Vege Puree by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Prawn Omelette by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Ceasar Salad Dressing by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Soufra by Domestic ThermoMinx
- Cinnamon Apple Pie with Sour Cream Pastry
- Caramelised Leek & Onion Quiche
- Baked Tasty Cheesy Meatballs